The Complete Mainframe Professional Course - 4 Courses in 1
What you'll learn
- You will learn to code COBOL programs
- You will learn to code COBOL - CICS programs
- You will master TSO and ISPF Commands on Mainframe computer that will help you in your day to day work and projects
- You will learn how to code JOB CONTROL LANGUAGE programs
- You will learn all the major ISPF commands and understand ISPF operations
- Advanced TSO/ISPF commands are covered as well
- You will learn all major VSAM topics such as creation of KSDS, RRDS, ESDS, LDS, Alternate index, REPRO etc
- You will learn how to create datasets on a Mainframe and perform operations on them
- You will be able to Install your own Mainframe Operating system emulator on your Personal Computer
- You will also learn how to connect to a Mainframe
- You will learn what a Mainframe is
- Mainframe Manufacturers in the world today
- The History of IBM Mainframes
- Operating Systems used on Mainframe computers
- Identify the various Mainframe Technologies.
- Programming Languages used on Mainframes today
- Different types of Processing done on a Mainframe
- Learn about Industries where Mainframes are used
- This will build a base to learn further about Application programming on Mainframes
- You should have your own Mainframe ID. This course does not give you any Mainframe ID.
- No previous experience in mainframe required.
Note: Mainframe ID will not be provided with the course. You have to arrange your own Mainframe ID.
Welcome to the most detailed and elaborate course about Mainframe on the whole internet. The course offers exclusive content about Mainframe in movies and other media.
The course has been BESTSELLER since its launch in January 2017. It is the top reviewed and most sought-after course about Mainframe on Udemy. I made this course exclusively for UDEMY. You will not find content like this on the internet.
**********You will also see in this course the Movie and TV scenes which reference Mainframes*****************
THOR Ragnarok, IRON MAN, AVENGERS, AVENGERS age of ultron, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, RESIDENT EVIL, MAD MEN, THE OC, Disney, Halt and catch fire and many more.........
This course also includes some amazing facts about Mainframes like FIFA world cup brazil used Mainframes to detect whether a goal has been scored or not, and the most recent New Jersey Unemployment department needs COBOL programmers during the COVID-19 corona crisis.
I am the original creator of the Mainframe courses on Udemy. I have been creating content since January 2017. After seeing my success many other instructors and Training institutes have started their own courses. Most of these are training institutes that just launch courses to earn more and more money.
I am NOT a Training institute. I am an instructor on Udemy. Training institutes just launch many courses under many different topics to earn more and more money. They also have physical training institutes where they teach. They then create content and launch on Udemy to earn extra income.
I do not do this. I only create content related to Mainframes and Electronics. I create content exclusively for my website and Udemy.
You can go to my YouTube channel and you will find free content and courses worth many hours related to Mainframes.
I had 3 courses in 2017
I had announced that I will release 3 more courses soon
2. DB2 SQL
Other instructors started releasing courses under the same title as mine. They added some extra information to make their courses look better.
I have 8 years of experience in Mainframes. I was also the community partner for IBM Z day which was organized by IBM on Nov 21. More than 300 students from this course joined that event. You can search for IBM Z day and on the landing page of the event you will find "Mainframe Nation", that is me.
So be rest assured that you are learning from an authentic Udemy Instructor and not from a Training institute.
This course is a collection of 4 courses.
It covers TSO/ISPF commands in detail. The ISPF commands taught in the course are exhaustive.
After TSO/ISPF it covers Job Control Language basics.
It then teaches COBOL basics.
VSAM is covered in detail.
CICS along with 2 projects is explained at the ending of the course.
After this course, you will have a full overview of the Mainframe environment.
Monthly updates: I provide monthly updates to the course. I keep adding new content to the course, so you can keep learning new things about Mainframes.
All this comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Heard about Mainframe but are not sure how to get started? This course will teach you what you want to know. This is the first step for anyone who wants to learn about Mainframes so you can start a new career as a Mainframe Professional.
This Course is DIRECT and TO THE POINT.
Over 19 hours of video content and 200+ lectures.
5 COBOL Assignments, 2 Mini projects in CICS, and a Practice Test.
Get all the presentations in the course, so you don't have to take notes while watching the lectures.
I also UPDATE this course periodically to include even more Videos. New Resources and Articles are also added.
Join Over 6,200+ Students Who Have Enrolled in this Udemy Course.
If you ever have any questions please feel free to message me directly and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!
Build a foundation in Mainframe with this tutorial.
You will Learn:
What a Mainframe Computer is.
The various Technologies and Terminologies associated with Mainframes.
Running TSO/ISPF Commands on a Mainframe
Creating datasets and performing operations on them
Identify the different programming languages and Operating systems used on mainframe
JCL in detail
VSAM in detail
Basics of CICS
Basics of COBOL
and much much more......
Mainframe is extensively used in large corporations which deal with huge amounts of data every day. Over 70% of the global Fortune 500 companies use Mainframe to run their business for everything from cloud to mobile to big data and analytics. Now, there are 1.1 million customer transactions per second on Mainframes compared with just 40,000 searches on Google per second. IBM is the leading manufacturer of Mainframe Systems.
Content and Overview Through this course of over 18 hours of content, you’ll learn about the Mainframes and establish an understanding of the mainframe system.
Starting with an overview of the Mainframes, this course will take you through the types of datasets, Operating systems, and data processing used on mainframes.
With these basics mastered, the course will take you through TSO commands, will introduce you to ISPF commands, allocation of datasets, and then the different operations you can perform on the datasets.
It will then cover JCL, VSAM, COBOL, and CICS.
Upon completion you will be literate in Mainframe terminology, understand how datasets are created, and how you can use commands to operate on the data in these datasets. You will gain enough knowledge to self-learn further Mainframe topics such as CICS.
Who this course is for:
- If you want to learn COBOL programming, then this course is for you
- If you want to learn JCL, then this course is for you
- If you want to master TSO/ISPF, then take this course. I explain all the advanced commands as well
- If you want to master VSAM then this course is for you
- Anyone who wants to learn about Mainframes can take this course
- Anyone who wants to start a career in Mainframes but dont know where to start, can take this course
- IT professionals looking for a switch in their careers, can explore Mainframes using this course
- Mainframe Professionals who want to brush up their knowledge about mainframes can take this course
I am a Mainframe Developer and an Electronics & Communications Engineer.
I have more than 7 years of experience in Mainframes.
I published my first Udemy course in Jan 2017. There were no courses about Mainframes on Udemy at that time.
I have since released 5 courses on Mainframes. Over time the content of all these 5 courses has been consolidated into 2 courses.
The first course titled TSO/ISPF is an introductory course about Mainframe Technologies. It is meant for those who have no knowledge about Mainframes and want to have a head start in this field. It covers TSO/ISPF in detail and other Mainframe Technologies like JCL, VSAM, CICS, COBOL. The second course covers JCL in detail.
All my courses are hands-on practical training. I provide the best quality content with professional video editing. You can compare my courses with others and see for yourself.