Automating My MacBook - Get started with Keyboard Maestro
What you'll learn
- Simple tasks that take 3 to 6 hours can be completed accurately and without errors in seconds or minutes using automation technology.
- You can accomplish tasks that you can't or can't do with Python or AutoHotkey using the Mac Keyboard Maestro.
- Can be automated by combining with Excel document and keyboard maestro
- Automate video editors like Final Cut Pro X or Premier Pro
- You can monitor in real time the list of shopping purchases you want on the Amazon website
- User-created blog posts can be published to two or more sites at once using shortcut keys
- You can quickly write text by creating an AutoText
- You can operate the Mac app's menu with only a macro, without a mouse
- Macros can automate most of the tasks humans do with computers
- You can do basic Mac automation without programming knowledge
- However, if you have programming knowledge (mind), you can do better Mac automation
- Mac users
Keyboard Maestro is a tool to automate your Mac(book).
Keyboard Maestro is a way to execute user-created workflows, interacting with the application and accomplishing a set goal.
We, not software developers, need something that can be easily implemented in a way similar to a recipe.
Keyboard Maestro gives you a way to do that.
Keyboard Maestro is a ring that can control everything on your Mac (book).
I love to use Bash, AppleScript and Keyboard Maestro to automate a huge number of tasks.
I edit various texts, manage data (files) including file name change, document translation using shortcut keys, web crawling, start messenger programs such as Telegram / Slack / KakaoTalk and automatically switch keyboard to native language, extract thumbnails from videos, Finder
I can duplicate/rename 1500 screenshots from, send to Imagemagick for cropping, then send and upload to my server.
It is also used in places such as automatic resizing of application windows.
Without AppleScript or Keyboard Maestro, it would hardly be productive.
Once executed it is incredibly cool and productive
Keyboard Maestro also guarantees the quality of the results of what you're trying to do, because you can automate and consequently reduce or eliminate error-prone tasks.
The time savings of automated solutions are huge.
I've measured an existing manual process that takes 3 to 6 hours and causes human error.
Compared to using an automated tool, this task has been reduced to 20 minutes.
It depends on the case, but in some cases the ratio was also 30:1.
This is the most comprehensive and direct process for Mac (book) automation on Udemy!
Over 50 lectures and over 13 hours of videos, covering practical examples of how to make good use of the keyboard maestro
This course teaches keyboard maestros in a practical way, and all courses feature full screencasts.
Use this in the way that works best for you
It covers a variety of topics, including:
- Keyboard Maestro installation
- Use of various notifications
- Trigger move and resize window
- Web browser and keyboard Maestro
- Declaring and using variables
- User input tool
- Time delay
- Screen image search
- String trigger
- Screen capture
- Move the mouse and click
- Calling shell scripts from KM macros
- Conditional statement (else if)
- Bluetooth control with hotkey
- Calling AppleScript from KM macro
- Loop While
- Handling regular strings
- Regular expressions and KM macros
- Select application menu
- System control
- Trigger type and function
- Setting the macro palette and custom icons
- Voice synthesis output utilization
- Reading and writing files
- Switch and Case utilization
- Macro Nesting and Semaphore
- Activating and hiding and exiting applications
- Text messages and KM macros
Start automating your Mac (book) with the fun and exciting keyboard Maestro right now!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who were not interested in Mac automation
- Mac users who need Mac automation but don't know how
- Those who want to use a tool such as Auto hot key on Mac
- If you are using automation techniques only in MS-Excel
- Those who are interested in the automation techniques related to stock investment
- Those who are interested in various game operating automation
- Those interested in automating ticketing
- Those who are in need of automation for editing and managing various photos, videos and documents
- Those who want to apply automation technology to video editing work using Final Cut Pro
- Those who need automation technology that suits their taste for marketing activities
- Those who want to do writing and blog posting in a comfortable environment based on automation
He received a bachelor's degree in electronic engineering from Inha University
Years of experience as a software developer for embedded systems
He is also a professional instructor for embedded systems and programming
I was introduced to the Mac (book) at the same time as the iPhone 3GS appeared, and from then on, I became interested in Mac (book) automation
We are developing and maintaining open sources such as 'Siri Remote for Mac (book)' and 'Google Translator using Keyboard Maestro' on GitHub
We are also interested in open source hardware 'BeagleBone Black'
We are interested in all areas of using computers that can increase productivity using Mac (book) automation, and we are helping people who need it