What you'll learn
- Build 6 beautiful real-world projects for your portfolio (not boring toy apps)
- How to think and work like a developer: problem-solving, researching, workflows
- Modern ES6+ from the beginning: arrow functions, destructuring, spread operator, optional chaining (ES2020), etc.
- Modern OOP: Classes, constructors, prototypal inheritance, encapsulation, etc.
- Complex concepts like the 'this' keyword, higher-order functions, closures, etc.
- How to architect your code using flowcharts and common patterns
- Modern tools for 2022 and beyond: NPM, Parcel, Babel and ES6 modules
- Practice your skills with 50+ challenges and assignments (solutions included)
- Get fast and friendly support in the Q&A area
- Course pathways: design your unique learning path according to your goals!
- No coding experience is necessary to take this course! I take you from beginner to expert!
- Any computer and OS will work — Windows, macOS or Linux. We will set up your text editor the course.
- A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus, but not a must! The course includes an HTML and CSS crash course.
*** Just updated for latest ES2021 and ES2022 features ***
You will also learn how to think like a developer, how to plan application features, how to architect your code, how to debug code, and a lot of other real-world skills that you will need on your developer job.
By the end of the course, you will have the knowledge and confidence that you need in order to ace your job interviews and become a professional developer.
My name is Jonas, I'm an experienced web developer and designer, and one of Udemy's top instructors. I have been teaching this bestselling course since 2016 to over 400,000 developers, always listening to feedback and understanding exactly how students actually learn.
So what exactly is covered in the course?
Deep dive into functions: arrow functions, first-class and higher-order functions, bind, and closures.
Deep dive into object-oriented programming: prototypal inheritance, constructor functions (ES5), classes (ES6), encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance, and polymorphism. [This is like a small standalone course]
Learn modern tools that are used by professional web developers: NPM, Parcel (module bundler), Babel, and ES6 modules
Check out the course curriculum for an even more detailed overview of the content :)
This is what's also included in the package:
Up-to-date HD-quality videos, that are easy to search and reference (great for Udemy for Business students)
Professional English captions (not the auto-generated ones)
Downloadable starter code and final code for each section
Downloadable slides for 40+ theory videos (not boring, I promise!)
Free support in the course Q&A
25+ coding challenges and 25+ assignments to practice your new skills (solutions included)
This course is for you if...
... you are interested in using a library/framework like React, Angular, Vue, or Node.js in the future
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you're interested in using a library/framework like React, Angular, Vue or Node in the future
Hi, I'm Jonas! I have been identified as one of Udemy's Top Instructors and all my premium courses have earned the best-selling status for outstanding performance and student satisfaction.
I'm a full-stack web developer and designer with a passion for building beautiful things from scratch. I've been building websites and apps since 2010 and also have a Master's degree in Engineering.
I discovered my passion for teaching and helping others by sharing all I knew when I was in college, and that passion brought me to Udemy in 2015.
Here, in all my courses, what students love the most is that I take the time to explain every concept in a way that everyone can easily understand.
So, do you want to learn how to build awesome websites with modern HTML and CSS?
Or maybe you want to build modern and fast back-end applications with Node.js?
Then don't waste your time with random tutorials or incomplete youtube videos. All my courses are easy-to-follow, all-in-one packages that will take your skills to the next level.
These courses are exactly the courses I wish I had when I was first getting into web development!
So see for yourself, enroll in one of my courses (or all of them :D) and join 1,000,000+ happy students today.