The Complete iOS9 Auto Layout Course
- Students will need to have access to a version of Xcode that uses Auto Layout. As per the documentation, this would be version 6 and beyond.
In this course, my friend Ravi and I would like to raise your confidence levels, in that confounding but very important topic : iOS Auto Layout.
Building an App involves 2 key components - Writing Code and designing the user interface
When the app lands up with your audience, its interface design, plays a key role, in its success.
So a good grasp of AutoLayout will certainly help you design, better, user interfaces
Interfaces that deal ,with different screen sizes and orientations.
Interfaces that adapt to available space, smartly.
And interfaces, that are quick to build, and easy to maintain.
We Aim to show you all the key elements of Auto-Layout and you need no programming experience, since we will start from scratch
We will begin with an introduction to Xcode and focus, on key elements that come into play when designing the look and feel of an App
Then with the help of multiple case studies we will build, real world interfaces, and in the process, understand, the role various Xcode elements play.
Each lesson is complemented with a word cloud of key terms along with concept reinforcing quizzes and reference material
At the end of this course you will walk away with much, more confidence.
And lastly, we will continue to keep adding to the course material so that, its always up to date for you, our learner.
So, in conclusion, Ravi and I are proud to present this iOS Auto Layout course to you. We hope you will join us on this exciting journey and we look forward to chatting with you in the forum.
- The course is structured in a way that makes it suitable for beginners as well as individuals with varied Auto Layout experience. The bottom line is that it covers all the key concepts of Auto Layout. So if you are starting from scratch or want to plug gaps in your Auto layout knowledge, this course is for you.
- The Auto Layout Landscape12:01
- Auto Layout Landscape3 questions
- Case Study 1 : Flag Off15:33
- Case Study 1 : Flag Off3 questions
- Case Study 2 : Constraint Priorities11:36
- Case Study 2 : Constraint Priorities3 questions
- Case Study 3 : Constraint Priority - Hugging and Compression Resistance15:15
- Case Study 3 : Constraint Priority3 questions
- Case Study 4 : Intrinsic Content Size07:20
- Case Study 4 : Intrinsic Content Size3 questions
- Case Study 5 : Constraints and View Hierarchies12:13
- Case Study 5 : Constraints and View Hierarchies3 questions
- Case Study 6 : Stack View - A Friend in Need06:46
- Case Study 6 : Stack View3 questions
- Bonus Lesson : Adaptive Layout17:46
A multi skilled software engineer with 17+ years overall experience with 12+ years in product development, maintenance and support. A polyglot and a self taught programmer with hands on experience in Swift, Objective-C and Java. Currently I provide training in iOS development and regularly share my Swift experience in my blog (www.rshankar.com)