The Complete Igbo Language Course
What you'll learn
- Learn the Igbo sound: Letters, vowels, tones and other factors that affect pronunciation in Igbo language
- Learn the Parts of speech: Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs. Prepositions. Get familiar with simple grammar rules.
- Practice simple sentence formation using the parts of speech. Communicate using simple frequently used sentences and phrases.
- Learn how to make longer compound sentences. Practise Reading and Comprehension of longer articles
- No prior experience needed. If you are a Beginner or Intermediate learner, this course teaches you everything you need to know. Make use of the Video transcript, answers to exercises and the flashcards you will find in the resources section.
What is the best approach to learning a language? Classroom learning, interaction with native speakers or both? Memorizing commonly used words and phrases or detailed study beginning from the alphabets?
The Complete Igbo Course provides ALL you need to master Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing the Igbo Language. Beginning with a foundation lecture on the Igbo alphabets, it guides you through Tones and Vowel sounds to lay a foundation for your pronunciation, Greetings and Salutations as a basis for communication, Nouns to increase your vocabulary, and other Parts of speech to guarantee your progress from simple to complex sentence formation.
This highly detailed but simple course is ideal for Beginners and Intermediate level Igbo language learners, simultaneously increasing proficiency in all 4 components of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing Igbo. Advanced learners will certainly find it helpful as a refresher course. Practice exercises are included in each lesson, and the answers to these exercises are added as an extra resource to the course. Take your time, watch the lessons over and over, ensure you understand a lesson before moving on to the next, do the practice exercises, ask your questions, and keep learning. Jisie ike!!
Who this course is for:
- Learners of Igbo Language at Beginner and Intermediate level, with or without prior exposure to the Igbo Language
Onyinye is the Founder and CEO of NwaadaIgbo Language Services, a company that provides various Igbo language services aimed at helping Igbo learners all over the world to achieve their aim faster, smartly and conveniently through blended e-learning. Her previous work involved teaching and coaching in various capacities: as a Nutrition lecturer in a School of Nursing, a Nutrition Program officer responsible for on the job training of health workers, a Training Manager responsible for staff capacity development, and a freelance English, French and Igbo tutor.
Onyinye is skilled at surveying people and determining the most effective way that individuals learn, making her responsible for the development of learning materials for NwaadaIgbo Language Services. Her bottom up approach to teaching Igbo language has ensured remarkable increase in proficiency for all learners. She is the author of The Complete Guide to Igbo Language and Survival Igbo, both available on Amazon.
She has native proficiency in Igbo and English as well as Intermediate proficiency in French.