The Complete Guide to Construction Management
What you'll learn
- This course is helping construction projects save over 5 digits by applying the content provided!
- Download a copy of the "Course Manual" to use as a reference for your construction projects. The manual includes all steps and processes involved in a project summarized for you in 50 pages
- Understand construction contractual and financial models including the international form of agreement FIDIC, as well as payment processing methods, BOQ types, lump sum and provisional items, and more!
- Learn tender process including preparation of tender documents, floating the tenders, reviewing and analyzing the offers, and finally evaluating and awarding the contract to the selected bidder
- Understand architectural, structural, and MEP design systems by identifying the technical basis of every system, the main components, the rationale behind it, all with real-life examples
- Observe common construction management challenges and scenarios you may face such as claims and variations, accidents and incidents, contract termination, and many more real-life problems
- Learn about building material selection and options such as floor finishes, wall finishes, ceiling finishes, wooden works, metal works, glazing works, kitchens, sanitary, and more!
- Learn about construction value engineering method with examples of how to achieve great savings to your project
- Understand the parties involved in a project and their respective roles according to the procurement route (traditional, design and build, etc.)
- No. The course will benefit both professionals and individuals new to construction.
- You don't need to be a professional in Construction to understand the course. The topics will be presented to you from the scratch to form a base and will then advance gradually ensuring all audience benefit and understand the content
This course comprehensively observes the complete cycle of construction projects from inception to handover. The content is multidisciplinary, observing aspects of engineering, building materials, finishing options, financial models, and legal terms. This course will form a necessary reference for you in every step you face in your construction project. The course starts by introducing the nature of construction projects, their worldwide significance, and why we need to study construction management. It then looks over the initial requirements of a project, the plot dedicated, the budget estimation, and other preliminary activities required by every project client prior to commencement. It then looks at the project design phase, along with details of appointing designers. Next is finalizing the design and preparing the tender for the main contractor, along with details of contractor evaluation and selection. The next step observed is the site activities, which are briefed in sequence. Finally, the course observes the management of the project with cases, scenarios, and potential challenges observing the Technical, financial, and contractual aspects of the project. In short, the course provides a complete look over the entire process of a construction project starting from scratch. The content of the course provides the fundamental and advanced knowledge all stakeholders of construction projects need to know.
Who this course is for:
- Any person interested in the construction industry!
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Clients
- Construction Professionals
- Project Managers
- All Construction workers (in all fields: authorities, clients, contractors, consultants, designers, etc.)
Civil Engineer, graduate from Sultan Qaboos University at Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. My professional experience is in the field of Construction Management. During my career, I have managed construction projects worth over $50 Million, of various types of buildings: residential, commercial, office buildings, and more. In addition to Project Management, I have also worked extensively on Contracts and Tender Management for Construction Projects.