The Complete Guide to Attacking Chess
What you'll learn
- Ability to appreciate what makes attacking chess effective and how to get great attacking positions for combinations to become possible
- Ability to appreciate the elements in positions relating to attacking potential
- Ability to see how certain openings can lead to attacking positions
- Appreciate the greatest attacking players in Chess history
- Ability to become a more concrete player by basing play around concrete mating combinations that end the chess war
- Ability to reverse engineer how beautiful mating combinations are made possible and see the mistakes made, and elements made use of
- Ability to appreciate some of the most iconic and instructive attacking chess games in history
- Ability to appreciate the attacking perks of various pawn structures
- Ability to appreciate that sometimes winning endgame simplification is the reward for attack
- Ability to appreciate Alexander Alekhine as a "sensei" for Kasparov and learn from Alekhine's attacking foundation examples
- Ability to appreciate Alexander Tolush as a "sensei" for Spassky and learn from Tolush's foundational examples
- Ability to appreciate the power of piece teamwork when the opponent's King is weakened for example controlling escape squares, supporting pieces, and checking
- Ability to appreciate saying "No!" to opponent's threats and need to auto-recapture and instead becoming more downside centric e.g. mating instead
- Ability to appreciate the accumulation of advantages model set out by the first World chess champion Steinitz and how this relates to groundwork for attacks
- Ability to appreciate the power of opening preparation when preparing for specific opponents
- Ability to appreciate grounded attacking chess as a kind of "delayed gratification" in terms of accumulating advantages first and then a justified attack
- Know how the chess pieces move and ideally has interest in attacking chess
Unlock your attacking prowess with 'The Complete Guide to Attacking Chess.' This course is designed not just to emphasize on checkmating patterns and combinations, but also to explore and illuminate the keys to successful attacking chess: the opening moves and middlegame strategies that give life to thrilling endgames and combinations. We dive deep into understanding the essence of attacks from legendary players who excelled at tactical and combinational play, including the likes of Alexander Alekhine, Rudolf Spielmann, and many more.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to learn and practice real games, reinforcing your skills and building a robust understanding of the critical components of an attack. We will look at the 'ingredients' that make an attacking position possible, and the patterns that are frequently followed in successful assaults. We will go beyond the surface to grasp the magic of Alekhine’s combinations and appreciate the games of the masters of the attack.
This course serves as the perfect complement to other courses, such as "Art of Checkmate" and "Complete Guide to Chess Tactics," to enhance your understanding and performance in attacking chess. Here, our primary focus is on the art of creating attacking positions in the opening and middlegame phases.
We will study the games of chess immortals, identifying the keys to their attacking brilliance. We will also incorporate modern insights from Neural Network patterns, which have shown their ability to outmaneuver even the most accurate traditional engines. Featuring great attacking players like Paul Morphy, Adolf Anderssen, Wilhelm Steinitz, Emanuel Lasker, Alexander Alekhine, Boris Spassky, Bobby Fischer, Mikhail Tal, Garry Kasparov, and many more, this course brings together the best of attacking chess across generations.
This course is ever-evolving, reflecting my passion for attacking chess and continuous learning. I strive to provide updated content that improves clarity and enriches understanding. By the end of this course, you will gain significant insight into key attacking ingredients and patterns. These critical pieces of the puzzle will enable you to execute potent attacks right from the opening, leading to exhilarating middlegames and often, beautifully concluded combinations.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Intermediate level players
Dive deep into the intellectual universe of chess with Tryfon Gavriel, famously known to enthusiasts as "Kingscrusher." Beyond my titles as a FIDE Candidate Master and British Regional Chess Master, I am a dedicated chess educator, committed to spreading knowledge and passion for the game.
Decades of Strategic Pursuits My engagement with chess is a 35-year-long odyssey marked by competitive achievements both online and offline, including a peak ICC blitz rating of 2625 and an exceptional ECF grading of 212. My early triumph in the Lloyds Under 18 national UK tournament back in 1989 set the stage for a life steeped in chess, culminating in numerous top finishes in Lichess marathons and more.
Udemy's Chess Luminary While I once enjoyed sharing insights and high-level analysis on my YouTube channel, my current passion lies in crafting comprehensive chess courses for Udemy. My dedication has been recognized with the "highest-rated" award for my detailed course on José Raúl Capablanca's strategies and the "Best Seller" accolade for my "Complete Guide to Chess Tactics," which garnered widespread acclaim shortly after its debut.
Pedagogy that Transforms Teaching chess goes beyond explaining moves on a board. For me, it's about igniting a passion for the sport and developing a deep, enduring understanding of strategic thinking and tactical decision-making. Drawing inspiration from chess titans like Paul Morphy, Alexander Alekhine, Mikhail Tal, Bobby Fischer, and Garry Kasparov, my courses offer more than knowledge—they provide a window into the minds of chess's greatest masters.
Your Journey Towards Chess Mastery My offerings on Udemy are designed for learners at all stages of their chess journey. Whether you're just starting or seeking advanced strategies, my courses are a gateway to deeper comprehension and appreciation of chess. Through meticulously designed lessons, I aim to equip you with the skills, confidence, and strategic acumen to elevate your game.
Join me in this exploration of chess, delving into the intricacies that make it a timeless classic. With each lesson, we'll unravel the complexities and joys of chess, fostering not just better players, but lifelong enthusiasts.