Military Transition: Life Coaching for Ex-Military Personnel
- Students will have either a military background, or, will know someone with a military background.
- Enrol on this course with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
- Access to a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.
Terminating your Military service and re-entering a new civilian life can be a daunting and overwhelming process. Whether you served your country for one year, or completed a full Military service, the same transitional problems arise for many of us.
Life outside of the Military can be disorientating and confusing. However, there are a series of actionable steps that can be taken to make this transition smoother and more manageable. We'll explore these steps throughout the course
Military Transitions: Make An Effective Military Transition, explains the common pitfalls that accompany leaving the military and transitioning back into civilian life. By learning from someone who's been there before, you'll understand the core problem that most people find in this transition, and how to side-step many of it's most common challenges.
By the end of the course you will:
- Establish a New Identity For Yourself Apart From Military.
- Have a Stable Framework For Basing Your Future Decisions Upon.
- Be Confident in the Next Steps You Must Take in Your New Civilian Life.
- Understand the 7 Actionable Steps for Making a Smooth Military Transitions.
- Understand the Main Difficulties that People Face When Leaving the Military.
- Know How to Coach Your Former Peers Through the Exact Same Process
While it can only takes a day to hand back our Military ID cards and leave the Forces, it can take many years for the Military to leave us. Many ex-servicemen are unaware of the common problems that can be faced inside of this transition: which can come at the cost of their relationships, physical health, mental wellbeing and even their personal finances.
So, whether you served your country for one day, or over a decade, this course will give you a broad range of actionable life principles, understandings, and strategies to engage more effectively with your new civilian life.
This course has been created as a FREE resource for serving military personnel and ex-military personnel by someone who's already made a successful Military Transition.
- SERVING PERSONNEL: If you are still serving in the Military, this course will help you understand how to make a healthy transition back into civilian life.
- EX-MILITARY PERSONNEL: If you have terminated your military service, this course will help you to better understand the mental and transitional adjustment.
- THE VETERAN COMMUNITY: Anyone who works within the Armed Forces community will benefit from understanding the military transition and the most effective ways to support Ex-Servicemen (and women) through it.
- HELPING PROFESSIONALS: Coaches, psychologists, counsellors and helping professionals will benefit from taking this course to better understand the military transition process in view of relating to Veterans in a more effective way.
- MILITARY SPOUSES: Strengthen your relationship by understanding the psychological transition that accompanies a termination of military service.
- MILITARY CHARITIES: Use this course as a reference aid to compliment the existing support/coaching/mentoring you are offering Military veterans.
- Welcome To Changing Step: A Guide To Effective Military Transitions03:12
- A Easy Hole To End Up In08:02
- Are You Ready to make Some Improvements?08:58
- Looking Forward to the Rest of the Course ....04:12
- Changing Step, and Re-Entering Civilian Life01:05
- The Power of Learning From Someone Who's Been There08:41
- The Greatest Problem In Transition02:15
- Developing a Forward Thinking Focus07:40
- Breaking Free From 'The Rut'06:58
- Exercise 1: Bringing Back The Balance06:32
- The Life Balance Workbook16 pages
- The Nature of a Lifestyle Transition02:49
- Transition: A Season of Personal Growth07:37
- Stepping Into A New Season of Life07:12
- Looking Beyond the Transition Season09:24
- Exercise 2: The Problem Solving Workbook02:04
- The Problem Solving Workbook14 pages
- Changing Step: A New Chapter, A Whole New Story!07:53
- Smashing It: A Theory For Everything!10:40
- The 5th Season: The Season of Transition07:08
- How To Get Stuck in the 5th Season07:30
- Breaking Through & Beyond the 5th Season10:15
- Exercise 3: Goal Setting & Life Planning Workbook04:41
- Your Life Planning Workbook (Download)130 pages
- Defining Your New Civilian Identity01:41
- Where Focus Goes ... Emotions Follow!07:00
- Thoughts: The Mother Of All Problems08:48
- How to Manage Your Thought Life05:48
- OPERATION: E.I. (Emotional Intelligence)07:57
- What Resettlement Training Doesn't Teach You!06:59
- Building Full Emotional Awareness16:20
- Foundations for a New Civilian Life08:38
- Getting a Unique Reference Point for Your Future04:04
- Trenches: Digging Deep ....04:42
- Basic Training: Become an Effective Civilian10:17
- Getting Grounded in a New Civilian Identity16:19
- Unpacking your New Identity Further02:09
- Introducing The 7 Steps for Effective Military Transitions05:18
- STEP 1: Make a Decision to Change06:55
- STEP 2: Take Immediate Action07:08
- STEP 3: Commit to Something05:35
- STEP 4: Take Stock & Assess07:04
- STEP 5: Ditching Your Junk06:00
- STEP 6: Give Something Back08:40
- STEP 7: Operation P.E.T.E14:04
- COURSE PROJECT: Operation Transition03:34
- Recommended Reads05:35
- Summary & Close04:29
Kain Ramsay is an internationally bestselling instructor, social entrepreneur and is admired among the world's top masterminds in the field of modern applied psychology.
Partnering with some of today's most ardent social innovators, Kain supports aspiring entrepreneurs, coaches and social influencers as they master themselves, stretch their potential and enrich the world in their unique ways.
Kain's unparalleled communication style centres on enabling individuals and impact-makers with the working strategies and insights required to enhance their intrinsic value and create a more far-reaching impact in today's modern world.
Through his signature style of raw, impassioned 'preacher-like' oration, Kain's unique approach to teaching personal growth continues to mould the fields of personal growth, professional development and modern applied psychology.
"Between 2008 and 2012, I studied counselling, the social sciences, philosophy and theology full-time, whilst also becoming certified in neuro-linguistic programming, social innovation and entrepreneurship. While the education I received was excellent, I could see that an innovative approach to teaching psychology and basic philosophical virtues was essential."
In 2014, Kain was invited to become an instructor at Udemy. Since then, he has become a leading provider of online e-learning courses. By 2018, Kain's popularity accelerated. He is currently the most popular personal development instructor on Udemy, with over half a million students across the world enrolled in his training courses.
After over a decade of experience, Kain amalgamated his values for community-based learning and social impact to pioneer Achology, The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology.
Achology has been endorsed and supported by some of the most influential figures in the world of psychology, including Gerard Egan, Ph.D., (author of The Skilled Helper).
Today, Kain remains congruent in his goal to close the gap between conventional formal psychology education and practical application of psychological principles.
Drawing from real-life experience, Kain's approach to teaching carries a personal philosophy which has inspired over half a million people across the globe to invest in their unlimited opportunity for personal growth and start positively impacting the world around them.