The Complete Guide on Impromptu Speaking and Presentation
What you'll learn
- You will be able to speak in any situation, even under stressful condition.
- You will be able to use 5 easy-to-follow frameworks to construct an impromptu speech under seconds.
- You will learn to handle important life moments such as an interview, a press conference or a wedding speech.
- You will pick up the correct exercises to practice impromptu speaking at home.
- You will be able to handle tough questions, even when you do not know the correct answers.
- Basic command of English.
- The motivation to become a good speaker.
Not many people realize that they face impromptu speaking situations in their life more than the need to do a prepared speech. Many public speaking courses have well documented the methods to tackle a prepared speech such as a TedX talk or a sales presentation. However, most of us are clueless when it comes to the techniques to "think on your feet" and "speak off the cuff".
What if you are being asked to speak without any preparation.
What if you are being asked to deliver a wedding speech for your best friend on the spot.
What if you are being asked a tough question by your customer that is not on your preparation list.
In this course, we will show you step-by-step on how to conquer impromptu speaking and presentation. We will first explore the techniques to think quickly under pressure. Next, I will show you five easy-to-remember frameworks for you to build a memorable impromptu speech. Then, we will touch on delivery skills, focusing on the difference between prepared speech and impromptu speech. Lastly, I will provide you with six effective exercises that you can practice in the long run to hone your impromptu speaking skills.
After this course, you will possess the ability to speak confidently in front of the public, even without preparation.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve their public speaking skills
- People who are faced with situation that requires the ability to think fast and speak well
- Anyone that needs to handle tough situations such as handling customer questions, press conference and etc
Shin Chze is a communication trainer and coach with more than 13 years of actual on-the-job experience that spanned engineering, marketing and HR talent acquisition at one of the largest tech companies in the world. This diverse experience allows him to offer a unique perspective on a wide range of communication topics.
He is currently the technical program manager (TPM) at Lattice Semiconductor, managing technical programs from concept to launch, ensuring that products are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. Managing stakeholders via effective communication is something he does on a daily basis.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Intel, Shin Chze was responsible for influencing his customers toward developing innovative technology solutions to resolve the world's most challenging problems. His previous experience as a recruitment marketing manager involved designing branding and marketing programs that helped attract talent to the company. Creating technical presentations and handling stressful "questions and answers" from demanding customers were part of his job as an application engineer.
He is the principal trainer at Level 99 Consulting where he focuses on helping people develop their presentation and influencing skills from my career experience in communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
As an active Toastmasters member for more than 13 years, Shin Chze has delivered hundreds of on-the-spot speech evaluations. In addition, Shin Chze was part of the curator team to help coach the TedX speakers to deliver memorable talks for TedXIntelBayanLepas.