The Complete Geospatial Data Science with Python Course
What you'll learn
- Learn Python for Geographic Data Science
- Master low-level libraries (Shapely and Fiona) to have an in depth knowledge of Geospatial Libraries
- Work with Raster data using Rasterio and Perform the most common Satellite Imagery Proceducres.
- Create Fun Geographic Games in Python to master the Language
- Learn Geopandas and work on real-world projects to enhance your knowledge
- This is a begginer course. There are no requirements. We start with the Basics and learn the fundumentals including the tools, Python basics, and the Geospatial basics in Python.
Learn the fundamentals and Grow your Geospatial data science programming skills.
Learning Programming for GIS and Geospatial data analysis can be overwhelming, especially learning from unorganized resources and tutorials. I know that because I have made the transition from GIS to geospatial data science earlier. It took me many years to grapple with different resources and materials for data science without having a tailored Geospatial data science course. That is why I have made this course to help you kickstart your geospatial data science career and learn the basics right.
I have structured the course to be beginner-friendly to make sure a smooth learning experience. I am starting with Python's fundamentals to create an Interactive Geography Trivia (Geo Quiz) and Web-based Geoapplications.
The Tools: We set up your environment quickly with few clicks, so you do not have to worry about missing libraries.
The Basics: Python Syntax and data structures explained in plain language with geography flavoring examples. By the end of this section, you will create a simple command-line game: guess the city.
Geometry: Learn and master the basics of all geospatial python processes - geometry. You will learn Shapely and Fiona libraries for handling geospatial data, and this will give you a low-level understanding of the underpinning of all other high geospatial libraries. By the end of this module, you will create a Tkinter Interface for Guess the Country Game.
Vector data with Geopandas: Learn the most widely used Geospatial library - Geopandas. Open up whole other geospatial functionality on top of the Geometry also using Pandas library, one of the most used data science libraries. By the end of this module, you will undertake a Geospatial Vector analysis project from a real-world job application scenario.
Raster Data with Rasterio: We introduce here the basics of Remote sensing in Python and help you master the ins and outs of satellite imagery processing in Python.
The course is a comprehensive course that teaches you the fundamentals of a career in Geospatial data science.
Who this course is for:
- Begginer GIS programmers.
- Beginner Geospatial Data Scientists
- Data Sceince begginners who want to learn Geospatial Data Science Programming.
Abdishakur Hassan is a geographic information systems (GIS) expert and consultant with years of experience working with the United Nations. He holds an MSc in geoinformation science and earth observations. During his tenure as a GIS expert, Abdishakur has developed fully fledged GIS applications in the urban planning and land administration domains. He is interested in all things related to geospatial data science.