The Complete Freelance Writing Course
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- identify opportunities for paid writing work in all sorts of unexpected places
- pitch effectively to these outlets
- determine your strengths and market opportunities on different platforms
- coach yourself in any form of writing
- write for podcasts
- write for for video
- write blog posts, web copy, white papers, ebooks and for B2B outlets
- write speeches and presentations
- write to influence
- write apps
- apply principles of clarity, fluency and flow to your writing
- market your writing practice using creativity rather than online shouting
- critique the work of successful writers you admire, analyze their technique and use it yourself
- negotiate fair fees for your work
- employ formats to help you work faster and smarter
- use technology to help you work faster and smarter
- review your skills level and plan further personal development
- compete effectively in writing marketplaces using your portfolio
- Before starting this course, you should be able to write with moderate fluency on a computer. You should want to earn money for your writing, either alongside your existing career, as an additional skill in your freelance portfolio, or to set yourselves up in a fee-earning writing practice.
This freelance writing course covers everything you need to know to set yourself up as a professional freelance writer. You'll investigate good writing, versatile writing and profitable writing and create a multimedia writing portfolio to show clients. You'll get 1-2-1 feedback on your writing, with monthly updates to help keep your scribbling on track.
Master multimedia writing skills to stand out as a freelance professional writer
You'll learn to:
Research wide and hidden writing opportunities
Judge realistically how profitable writing is likely to be for you
Analyse role models, to improve writing technique
Demonstrate and develop writing skills in a variety of media
Create a portfolio to showcase your work, which reaches the right targets
Relationship build and network to position yourself for collaborative opportunities
Produce work quickly, build on feedback and grow a sustainable practice
Packed with practical exercises which you are welcome to submit for feedback, you'll get formats, filters and technology tips to help you write prolifically and fast.
Love writing and would like to turn it into a career
Are unsure what sort of writing to pursue
Freelance in another discipline and want to write as a bolt-on
this course will help.
Created by a writer of 30 years experience and with a background in psychology, this most comprehensive course will help you succeed as a freelance writer in today's digital global marketplace, and make the most of its tremendous new opportunities.
- If you love writing, and would like to make a freelance career out of it, then this course will show you how, both in terms of your skill development and the set-up and running of your writing business. You may not yet have a definitive ideas of the type of writing you would like to specialize in, and how to structure a professional writing career. You may not be fully aware of the wide range of opportunities available to writers. You may already be freelance in another discipline and want to write as bolt-on, or hope to become freelance.