The Complete Fractions Course
What you'll learn
- Understand what a fraction is and how to recognize one
- Understand technical terms related to fractions
- Reduce fractions to lowest terms
- Raise fractions to higher terms
- Find common denominators and accurately change numerators
- Change improper fractions to whole or mixed numbers
- Change mixed or whole numbers into improper fractions
- Add fractions with the same or like denominators and with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with same or like denominators and with different denominators
- Multiply fractions
- Multiply with cancellation
- Multiply fractions and whole or mixed numbers
- Divide fractions
- Divide fractions and whole or mixed numbers
- Basic knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Get your pencil and paper ready!
* Video added February 1, 2018 - Steps for Working Out a Math Problem.
*Bonus section added January 28 2018 - Video "Don't Hate Math!"
Do you have difficulties with fractions? Does your child panic when faced with fractions?
Here is the solution!
The Complete Fractions Course teaches students how to handle fractions in a variety of settings and operations. The goal is to help students overcome any fear they may have when faced with a fraction in mathematics.
The lessons are designed to walk students step-by-step through each exercise and operation. They provide ample opportunity to practice within the lectures in addition to the numerous quizzes.
There are "scribble" lectures that show how to work-out problems with pencil and paper - revealing even more precisely the steps required.
Fractions are studied as independent units; however, they occur in geometry, algebra, ratios & proportion - and many other math arenas. Knowing what to do when faced with a fraction is essential at school.
Of course, fractions are used on the job and at home as well, so this course is useful for anyone who wishes to know more about what fractions are and how to work with them.
Who this course is for:
- Any student who wishes to learn more about fractions and how to work with them effectively.
- Adults who may be new to fractions or need a refresher to use them at home, in the workplace, or for new studies.
- Grade school and high school students who will need to understand fractions for all future math units.
I have owned and operated L.T.L. Tutoring Central since 1996, providing private tutoring services to students of all ages and skill levels.
My online courses have received many compliments and positive testimonials as well.
I have presented video lessons for various organizations and groups and taught individual lessons to students from around the world - often setting up programs specific to their needs.
Also, I created and delivered an ESL/EFL program for scientists and technicians at the Guelph division of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
My primary focus is on English, math, and study skills- helping students learn how to learn.
I am an Honours Bachelor of Arts graduate with distinction from the University of Guelph in English/psychology - completing 62 courses, many in the field of education including philosophy of education and psychology of education.