The Complete College Admissions Adventure
What you'll learn
- Apply to colleges, get accepted, navigate financial decisions, and make the best choice for you.
- Be ready to take notes and build your own plan to get admitted to the best possible school for you!
From the author of, Accepted! A Monthly Guide to College Applications and Admission to Any School, the Complete Admissions Adventure is everything you need to know about college applications and the admission process. The course provides complete college admissions counseling, and all of the advice that a private coach could give, at a fraction of the cost. At the end of this course, you will be able to build and manage your college applications as if you had an expensive private college counselor.
You will master:
- Choosing colleges - Build a list of schools to apply to that are good fits
- Applications - Fill out the Common Application and manage outside submissions
- Standardized testing – SAT/ACT - Test preparation, scores, and timing
- Essays - Write college essays, personal statements, and short answers
- Recommendation letters - Choose recommenders and set them up to write great letters
- Resumes - Write a resume perfect for a college application
- Interviews - Prepare and practice for a college interview
- Financial aid & the FAFSA - Apply for financial aid and understand your award
- Scholarships - search and apply for scholarships
- Decisions and Waitlists - Early action, early decision, deferral, waitlists, and decisions
Each Section in the course focuses on a single topic within the college admission process. Units are built around video lectures with a college coach and then provide all the resources that students and parents need. No technical expertise is required, but students will be encouraged to learn Excel spreadsheets (a skill that will pay you back big time later!) to organize themselves. Some of the skills taught are skills that students will build on for the rest of their lives - writing resumes and personal statements, interviewing, and making big financial decisions.
Students will be guided through the entire college admissions process and given the resources to find and win admission to the best possible schools for them.
Who this course is for:
- This college admissions course teaches the entire college admission process from choosing the right school to applications, standardized tests, essays, letters of recommendation, resumes, interviews, financial aid, scholarships, and decision-making. It is designed to provide all of the information a college coach or counselor could provide 24/7 at a fraction of the cost.
Alpha Academia harnesses expertise--advice and tools--to give its students everything they need to be successful at gaining admission to their best school.
Sarah Ballard founded Alpha Academia to make top college admissions advice accessible to all. The company launched its inaugural course, The Complete College Admissions Adventure in 2015 and just published its book, Accepted! A Monthly Guide to College Applications and Admission to Any School.
Sarah is a Georgetown University and Law Center alumna. After college, she was endorsed to compete for the Rhodes Scholarship and won the George Mitchell Scholarship. She has her Masters and her Juris Doctor. She was never rejected from a single school to which she applied. This includes the Ivy League, graduate school, and law school. She has also won more than $150,000 in competitive, merit scholarships. She has read and reviewed applications for the Mitchell and Fulbright scholarships and has volunteered to do admission interviews at the undergraduate level.
Sarah knows what it is like to navigate the applications process on her own and has assembled a suite of videos and tools that she wishes she had when she was applying--just for you!