The Complete Beginners Guide to The Arduino - 2022
What you'll learn
- How to write code for the Arduino
- How to easily understand the Arduino language
- All of the necessary concepts to code proficiently
- How to use and write code to read data from sensors
- Essential electronics concepts for hobbyists
- How to build electronic circuits on a breadboard
- How to bring your interactive creations to life
- The necessary skills and knowledge to design and build your own Arduino projects from scratch
- How to combine two Arduino sketches into one
- A laptop or PC
- An Arduino Nano (or Uno if you prefer) plus charging/programming USB cable
- A breadboard, jumper wires and basic electronic components such as buttons, LEDs, sensors and so on. e.g. an Arduino Starter Kit
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to become a proficient Arduino developer and maker
- A basic Arduino Starter Kit
This course, by best-selling Arduino author, Mike McRoberts, will take you from complete beginner to confident and competent coder and electronics circuit builder. Even if you have NEVER coded before or built a circuit, you will be guided through each carefully crafted lesson until you have the skills and knowledge to go it alone and bring your very own creations to life. Brand new for 2022 with new and updated content.
This course comprises of multiple projects, specifically designed to take you from complete beginner to capable and confident Arduino coder. You will start off with a tour of the Arduino board and what it is capable of, then you will learning the essential fundamental skills required to understand the C programming language that the Arduino uses. Next, an introduction to electronic fundamentals then you will dive right into the step by step learning projects that have been carefully designed to start you off gently and introduce more coding and electronics concepts as you work your way through the curriculum.
By the end of this course you will have all of the necessary skills to enable you to design from scratch and code your very own projects.
This course is regularly updated with more content being added all the time.
Who this course is for:
- Complete Beginners
- Beginners at coding
- Beginners at electronics
- People who want to build and program cool creations
- People who have struggled with other tutorials or courses
- Beginner Arduino developers
- People that are looking for a course that is clear and concise and not full of 'filler' material.
Mike McRoberts is the author of the best selling Arduino book 'Beginning Arduino' now in its 2nd edition. He is the 2018 winner of the Raspberry Pi robotics competition held at Cambridge University in England each year and he also runs Medway makers, which is a small maker group in the Medway area of the UK.
Known as TheArduinoGuy on Twitter and elsewhere, Mike has been programming Arduinos for well over 10 years now. Mike discovered the Arduino when he was looking to build a cloud sensor to help with his hobby of astrophotography. In researching the various techniques possible to detect levels of cloud coverage he came across thermopile sensors and needed a way to take readings from one and send it to a laptop. This is when Mike discovered the Arduino and has never looked back since.
Mike has ran hundreds of Arduino and Raspberry Pi workshops at various places around the UK and has built countless devices using Arduino, ESP8266, ESp32 and Raspberry Pis, as well as other microcontrollers. He has well over 10 years experience in building projects using Arduino's both for personal use, collaboration with other people's projects and also for commerical products.
Over the years Mike has developed a teaching style that is especially suited to making complex subjects appear to be clear and simple. He is bringing well over 10 years of experience in the use and teaching of Arduino based projects to you. Mike takes a lot of time and effort to ensure every lecture is clear and easily understandable to even the most inexperienced student.