Learn To Code by Making Video Games - No Experience Needed!
- 7 hours on-demand video
- 16 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Code your own video games
- Think like a programmer
- Use GameMaker Studio 2 like a pro
- Animate sprites
- Add music and sound FX
- Transition between different game levels
- Create a menu
- Finish a complete video game
If you don't already have GameMaker Studio 2 installed, this video will walk you through the entire process.
Let's explore GameMaker Studio and get familiar with its interface.
Time to make a sprite! We'll go over what they are, how GMS views them, and how you can make them inside of GameMaker Studio using their tools.
Sprite sheets are a collection of related sprites, usually in a format that is easily digestible for an engine like GameMaker Studio. We'll go over what they are, what separates the good from the bad, and how to use the built it tools to turn them into animated sprites in just a few steps.
- You want to learn to make video games!
- You don't need to know how to code.
- No game design experience necessary.
- No experience in GameMaker Studio 2 or other software required.
- A computer capable of running GameMaker Studio 2
If you've ever wanted to make a game, or start programming, but have been intimidated by the process, this is the course for you! We're going to make a game from scratch using GameMaker Studio 2 Trial - $0, and 0 experience required.
This course will walk you through the basics of game development, game design, programming fundamentals, and more. GameMaker Studio 2 is an awesome engine for creating 2D and 3D games with ease. Throughout this course, you'll learn to use Sprites, create Objects, change Rooms, and create your own Scripts. We'll go step by step, explaining everything along the way.
The best part is that, by the end, you'll be ready to create your own games, or branch into software development in general. You'll learn real coding, terminology, logic, and more that will help you be a great programmer and game designer.
- Anyone who wants to create video games.
- Those who want to learn to code, but are scared to start.
- Anyone who wants to learn software development.