The Complete Audio Guide for Video Editors [Premiere Pro]
What you'll learn
- Cut music tracks to perfectly fit your video.
- Understand how music can create a blueprint for your edit.
- Seamlessly edit multiple music tracks together.
- Use Premiere's built-in tools and effects to achieve quick and professional audio mixes.
- Learn industry standard workflows and organization.
- Learn shortcuts and effects to speed up your editing.
- Synchronize, level, fix, and smooth dialogue.
- Export your videos at industry standard audio levels.
- Master expert sound design techniques.
- Demystify fancy tools like EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Loudness Radar, Noise Removal
- Basic knowledge of Premiere Pro is suggested, but not required. Download and install a free 30 day trial of Adobe Premiere Pro off of Adobe's website, or purchase a license from Adobe.
- This course will be best for people who have edited videos before, and are looking to improve their sound. However, this course will also benefit beginners by providing a fast-track to understanding how to edit sound with visuals.
"GOT WHAT I NEEDED! The course lives up to its title. You cannot find these tip and tricks in youtube. Just section 3 and 4 on music and sound design is worth more than the price of the course. The tutor is a Pro and you will be happy to spend time with him. A hidden gem amidst the sea of Udemy courses. Very happy on the purchase." - Koveanthan P.
"I knew the basics of sound in Premiere Pro, but this added a lot of knowledge. The pacing was great and the examples were good." - Bruce L.
"This course was great, so clear and to the point. Jason also has a really clean way of working with audio, making everything that he's saying really easy to follow :)" - Heidi-Charlotte M.
If you are looking to learn more about sound in videos, you came to the right place.
This course goes in depth about all facets of audio and sound editing for video creators, using Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Not only will we cover the basics of how to actually edit audio, but we'll explore the psychology behind using music and sound to move your audience. Additionally, we'll demystify the amazing tools inside Premiere that will have you mixing like a pro in no time.
Organization, shortcuts, and effects.
Set yourself up for success with industry standard organization structures, and be efficient with tried-and-true shortcuts and effects.
Learn how to handle any type of voice over or field recordings without breaking a sweat. Synchronization, leveling, dead space, essential sound panel, it's all in the course.
Understanding song structure and composition creates an editing blueprint. Discover where to find great music, how to fit music to your edits, edit to the beat, transition between multiple tracks, and even mix instrumentals and vocal tracks together.
Master expert techniques that are easy to accomplish directly in Premiere. You'll be able to intelligently add sound effects that perfectly complement the music and visuals.
Understand the fancy tools that are built-in to Premiere. No longer will you fear the Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Noise Removal, or Loudness Standardization!
Learn how to get professional sounding mixes directly in Premiere using master compression, the audio track mixer, loudness radar, and more! We'll also go over industry standards for sharing audio projects between editors and sound mixers.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Jason, and I've been editing videos and making music for over 13 years. Beginning with an old beat-up Stratocaster guitar, I soon started recording music and creating music digitally using all different types of software. After a quick pit stop to get my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Television, Film, and New Media, my background led fluidly into a career as a full-time video editor, where I continuously use audio as a springboard to approach video creation.
I've spent years learning from great editors and audio engineers, and have also developed my own unique methods for achieving high quality sound in Premiere. This course will give you both industry standard workflows as well as my personal tips and tricks to easily improve your sound.
Who this course is for:
- Video editors who want their content to stand out by improving the overall audio experience.
- Editors who are looking for tools to greatly improve the quality of their videos without ever opening a DAW (Audio Program).
Jason Brandel is an award-winning video editor with experience in advertising, digital, and traditional media. When he isn’t editing, Jason is often writing, filming, making music or working with new business ventures.
Some notable clients include HP, Pepsi, Intel, Adobe, DreamWorks, Blizzard Entertainment, Virgin, Bank of America, Lays, Malibu, and ResMed.