A Beginner's Course on Spreadsheets for Personal Finance
- 25 mins on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn a simple but powerful toolset for practicing the day-to-day skills necessary to become an expert at personal finance.
- Become familiar with the basics of accounting as it relates to personal finance.
- Practice the basics of spreadsheeting editing and formula creation in a real-world application.
- Plot, organize and analyze an entire year's expenses and expected monthly balance in any contemporary spreadsheet software.
- Make future predictions based on potential earnings expectations.
- Make future predictions based on potential unforseen expenses.
- Schedule and execute all monthly payments on time every time.
- Proactively plan and execute long-term savings goals.
- Aggressively isolate and eliminate unnecessary debts.
- Draw upon accurate and timely information to make the best decisions possible before spending.
- Basic understanding of any spreadsheet software will be helpful but not completely necessary.
- Any spreadsheet software capable of opening an Open Office Calc or Excel spreadsheet document.
- Ability to access Google Documents on any computer will also do in a pinch.
This is a step-by-step educational video on how to create your own private, personalized budget. You can use any software you like. The included template is 100% compatible with any platform.
This course involves basic accounting and spreadsheets.
Download the one-year template at the beginning of the course. Watch the videos and fill it out, step-by-step.
There are about 12 videos with an average length of 5 minutes each. It should take between 1-3 hours to complete.
At the end, you will see your monthly totals, balances and future forecasts.
- The more you use it, the more accurate you become
- Stay on track with daily spending
- Plan savings and/or for retirement
- Track and include the value of assets/investments
- Predict cash shortages
- Know when and where your money is going
- Make the best choices for YOU
- Anyone who wants to learn a simple, but effective technique for budgeting in a proven, 100% confidential, 100% compatible software environment.
- Anyone who wants to gain more experience working in Excel, Google Documents, or Open Office Calc but never had a real-life application to work with.
- Anyone who wishes they had greater control of their spending and ability to pay back debts.
- Anyone who wants to gain a foundation in money management for future investment ability.
A voice-over screen-capture walk-through of setting up your monthly expenses.
A voice-over screen-capture walk-through of setting up your Liquid Assets and Accounts Sections.