The Business Side to Becoming a Successful Translator
What you'll learn
- 1. Establish your business entity as a translator
- 2. Find a good editor in the translation field
- 3. Know the differences between translation, editing and proofreading
- 4. Know the pre-requisities needed to become a successful translator
- 5. Be familiar with best accounting practices for translators
- 6. Network effectively within the translation industry / translator organizations
- 7. Know the software and hardware needed to make you as efficient as possible
- 8. Become familiar with resources that will help your translation business grow
- 9. Become familiar with CAT Tools for translation
- This course is intended for freelancers, consultants and those wishing to learn more about becoming a professional translator.
- You should be able to use a PC at the beginner level and have access to audio and video.
This course is intended for anyone interested in a career as a professional freelance translator. Whether you are brand new to the field or have already been working in the field, this course offers you valuable insights into how to set up your translation business, get (and keep!) clients, how to handle your deliverables and set you on the course for becoming a successful translator! Welcome to your course! Now, let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Those seeking to become successful translators
Like you, training and development specialist Berthine Crèvecoeur West believes in the power of knowledge to be transformational. Berthine is on a mission to help companies grow, engage and empower their workforce.
Berthine received both her Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees from St. John's University in Jamaica, NY. Prior to becoming the CEO of Westbridge Solutions, LLC, Berthine worked in the corporate and healthcare sectors as a multilingual professional. Her passion for learning and sharing that knowledge with others led to her role as a trainer and public speaker. Her successes include Clayton State University, Gwinnett Medical Center, Piedmont Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Georgia Department of Public Health, Southwest Georgia Area Health Education Center (SOWEGA-AHEC), The American Red Cross and Abraham Baldwin Educational College, to name a few.
Berthine believes greatly in the power of effective communication and it's that inner need to facilitate people's understanding that allows her to effectively share knowledge and experiences with audiences of all types - to help them see themselves and also see their way to perform better. Berthine's goal is to help individuals and teams work together more productively by focusing on managing diversity and understanding behavioral styles to deliver outstanding client service.