Case Studies: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Apple
What you'll learn
- Understand common business models in the tech industry
- Spot trends, and possibly pick the winners and losers of tomorrow
- Understand how we got to today - the key players, their successes, failures, strengths and weaknesses
- Make sense, line-by-line of the financial statements and investor reports of tech companies
- Students should have heard of Apple, Twitter, Google, Facebook and LinkedIn and ideally should have used some of these companies products
- Conducted by an instructor who worked in Sales Finance at Google, and set up Product Finance at Flipkart
Whether you are an engineer seeking to understand business, or a business/strategy person seeking to understand technology - this course is right for you.
- Case studies of Apple, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- In-depth analysis of the business models of these companies
- Line-by-line walk through their financial statements and investor filings
- Product choices - good and bad - made by these companies
- Competitive analysis of each company: how they stack up in revenue, growth, profitability and valuation
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring entrepreneurs - those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it
- Engineers and product managers - folks with a strong understanding of product, now looking to get the business knowledge needed to build a business
- Finance and business professionals - folks who get the business aspects, and are now looking to really understand product and technology
Loonycorn is us, Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan. Between us, we have studied at Stanford, been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad and have spent years working in tech, in the Bay Area, New York, Singapore and Bangalore.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
We think we might have hit upon a neat way of teaching complicated tech courses in a funny, practical, engaging way, which is why we are so excited to be here on Udemy!
We hope you will try our offerings, and think you'll like them :-)