The Business of Logistics in Supply Chain Management
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course on "The Business of Logistics and Transportation in Supply Chain Management", will open a students mind to the great journey of packages as they move around the world through the various steps of Export, Import, Warehousing and Inventory Management. Through this course Students will learn the concepts and terms used in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. How to plan and execute an Air Shipment? How to plan and execute an Ocean Shipment ? Things to know about Air and Ocean shipment rules , regulations and events that might occur during the process. How to negotiate pricing ? How to carry out Import/ Export trade deals and negotiation? Know How to prepare your export documentations , filling up a commercial invoice, Sales Contract, Purchase contract, How to obtain a Certificate of Origin and Certificate of conformity, Export procedures and Documentation. Have an understanding of Inventory management and ware housing and Become a confident Supply Chain and Logistics Manager
- Logistics Management, Transportation,Air Cargo, Ocean Cargo, FCL , LCL , Export Import, Documentation, Warehousing, Inventory Management, Economic Order Quantity (EOQ), ABC Analysis, Safety Stock,
- By the end of this course you will know The basic concepts and terms used in logistics and Supply Chain Management How to plan and execute an air shipment ? How to plan and execute an ocean shipment ? How to negotiate pricing ? How to carry out import/ export trade deal and negotiation? Know how to prepare your export documentation Have an understanding of inventory management and ware housing Be a confident Supply Chain and Logistics Manager
- Must have an open mind and willingness to learn about how things move around the world. From Transportation, procurement , processing and distribution. The Supply Chain Journey is an interesting one.
- This is designed for students of all levels and is explained in simple terms for all to understand.
This course gives you a complete understanding of the Business of Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management, from a day to day operational point of view. You will learn the theory behind Logistics and Supply Chain Management and then put the theory into practice as we discuss the decision-making process involved in the transportation of cargo via Air Cargo Management via cargo and courier, commercial and sample cargo movement and Ocean Cargo Management through FCL and LCL shipments. We will also cover topics like VGM, Shipment Schedules, and Containerization
You will learn how to schedule a shipment, Calculate the cost of shipments and gain insights from an Industry Expert in Planning your Logistics Activity. This course is created to help you gain an understanding in the way the world works with regards to moving cargo.
This course will also teach you the Export-Import Procedures and Documentation involved in Logistics Management and the Certifications involved in the process and discuss the steps in filling up of the Commerical Documentation
You will also learn the basics of Warehousing and Inventory Management, explaining the basic principles of EOQ( Economic Order Quantity), ABC Analysis and Safety Stock.
There are interesting case studies to help make the course more relatable and Pop Quiz and Assignments to test your knowledge.
If you are looking for a course that will help you Ace your Supply Chain Management Exams and make you an Amazing Manager then this course is short, precise and to the point and will certainly help you gain almost a decade of Management experience, presented to you in a nutshell.
- Anyone who wants a career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management ,Entrepreneurs who want to their build Import Export business ,MBA and MIB students who want to have an idea of what a Career in SCM will be like, How the day to day activities of a Logistics manager is and What to expect in this job role? Students who want to major in Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management.
- Management Students, MBA students, MIB Students and Entrepreneurs, Anyone who wants a career in Operations Management
This chapter introduces the topic 'Understanding the Business of Logistics & Supply chain Management' explains how Logistics has evolved in the last twenty years and the changes that are experienced while planning logistics and Supply Chain Activities in 2020 . Opens the students' mind to the decisions a Supply Chain Manager and Logistics Manager has to make. Choosing vendors, Planning inventory, Cargo Management, Freight forwarding, Inventory Management, Warehousing & Distribution
This Chapter gives the viewers insights into the Instructors credentials. Introduces Jasmine Bayer and talks about her experience in Logistics Management, Business Development and Quality Control with Conformity in the International Trade Services.
This Chapter Explains Who this course is meant for? what the student will learn in this course? and what they can achieve by the end of the course? ‘The Basics of Logistics and Supply Chain Management’
from an implementation point of view. This course is directed to someone
Someone Who wants a career in Logistics and SCM
Someone Wants to excel in front of their customers, management
Entrepreneurs who want to take their business Internationally.
In this chapter, we will discuss the ‘Concept of logistics’
The importance of understanding of the types of logistics for cargo movement ( Sample, Commercial, Air and Ocean Shipments)
Understanding the decision-making process
Help you develop a Logistics Strategy
A well thought out detailed plan would go a long way in reducing cost, time and duplication of workflow. Hence like the old saying “Well planned is half done” ensure you spend sufficient time reviewing the steps and procedure of the logistics system.
Once the plan is executed, take time to review and ensure control and corrective measures are taken to eliminate any errors and also take corrective action based on the outcome of the implementation of the plan
Ensure that the corrective steps are recorded and communicated in clear instructions and there is a smooth flow of information to communicate the change at all stages of the supply chain system,
The four types of logistics
The major features of logistics
How to develop a Logistics Strategy
The strategic logistic planning process
3 key methods to improve your logistics strategy
In this chapter we will discuss the basics of Air Cargo Movement. Air cargo can be divided into NonCommercial cargo and Commercial cargo , Which can be shipped via Courier Shipments as well as Commercial Shipments. This Chapter takes you through the flow of movement of cargo for both courier and commercial shipments. Discusses the commercial documentation and the Export Import clearance procedures.
This Chapter explains certain key points about shipping air cargo that every Logistics Manager and SCM Manager should be aware of. Understanding the shapes and sizes and various forms of cargo and the calculation of cargo weight actual weight and dimensional weight.
This chapter gives you a peek into what you can expect on an Airfreight Invoice or bill. How air freight is calculated, Taking into consideration points such as Fuel Surcharge, Taxes and duty levied on items. It also explain the difference between pricing of an ATA ( Airport to Airport) and DTD ( Door to Door ) Pricing