The Business of Logistics in Supply Chain Management
What you'll learn
- Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management ,Transportation, Air Cargo, Ocean Cargo, FCL ,LCL, Export Import, Documentation, Warehousing, Inventory Management
- This course will open a students mind to the various steps of Export, Import, Warehousing and Inventory Management.
- The basic concepts in logistics and Supply Chain Management How to plan and execute shipments ?
- How to carry out import/ export trade deal and negotiation ?
- Must have an open mind and willingness to learn about how things move around the world. From Transportation, procurement , processing and distribution. The Supply Chain Journey is an interesting one.
- This is designed for students of all levels and is explained in simple terms for all to understand.
This course gives you a complete understanding of the Business of Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management, from a day to day operational point of view. You will learn the theory behind Logistics and Supply Chain Management and then put the theory into practice as we discuss the decision-making process involved in the transportation of cargo via Air Cargo Management via cargo and courier, commercial and sample cargo movement and Ocean Cargo Management through FCL and LCL shipments. We will also cover topics like VGM, Shipment Schedules, and Containerization
You will learn how to schedule a shipment, Calculate the cost of shipments and gain insights from an Industry Expert in Planning your Logistics Activity. This course is created to help you gain an understanding in the way the world works with regards to moving cargo.
This course will also teach you the Export-Import Procedures and Documentation involved in Logistics Management and the Certifications involved in the process and discuss the steps in filling up of the Commerical Documentation
You will also learn the basics of Warehousing and Inventory Management, explaining the basic principles of EOQ( Economic Order Quantity), ABC Analysis and Safety Stock.
There are interesting case studies to help make the course more relatable and Pop Quiz and Assignments to test your knowledge.
If you are looking for a course that will help you Ace your Supply Chain Management Exams and make you an Amazing Manager then this course is short, precise and to the point and will certainly help you gain almost a decade of Management experience, presented to you in a nutshell.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants a career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management ,Entrepreneurs who want to their build Import Export business ,MBA and MIB students who want to have an idea of what a Career in SCM will be like, How the day to day activities of a Logistics manager is and What to expect in this job role? Students who want to major in Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management.
- Management Students, MBA students, MIB Students and Entrepreneurs, Anyone who wants a career in Operations Management
A Masters Degree Holder in International Business ,with 10years+ experience in Logistics ,Business Development, Sales and Conformity for Government Trade Services
Worked for the top Logistics companies in the world . Started her Career in Sales as a Territory Manager for FedEx Express and then moved into Supply Chain Management as a Business Development Executive while working for UPS Supply Chain Solutions. After 4 years of working in India , she moved to Dubai in UAE and worked for Intertek as an Export Consultant in their Goverment Trade and Service Departments under Quality Control . These Companies are all best in the world and she has enjoyed being a part of their Business Development and Strategy teams.
Jasmine has been recognized for
*Generating New Business and creating double-digit growth
*Being Part of National Level and Global Level Strategy Development Sessions to improve business through Global push-pull lead closure
*Possessing strong managerial skills and clear understanding of Export, Import and Government Procedures for customs clearance
*Strong skills in setting up and synchronizing administrative policies and Assessing shipments and documents for Conformity
*Experienced in Analysing Inspection reports and Test reports for shipments intended for Certificate of Conformity for SASO.
*Experienced in advising customers regarding FDA rules for shipments of food and drug moving to the US
Jasmine has a love for learning new things, She is a NET Qualified Professor in India, Qualified to Teach at University Level in the field of Management. She is also a Toast Master, who has won many awards in Public speaking Internationally at the Regional and Divisional Levels.
During her free time she enjoys watching netflix and playing with her son.