The Branding Masterclass The Entire Brand Design Process
What you'll learn
- The Entire Branding Process from Sketch to Finished Client Presentation
- Understand Everything About Client Briefs
- Learn to Ask the Right Questions to the Client
- Learn to Conduct Client and Competitor Research
- Find Your Target Audience and Product Customer Profiles and Personas
- Find Your Style Direction and Produce Stylescapes, Moodboards and Other Presentations
- Find a Brand’s Position in the Market
- Work through Word Association Exercises, Word Mapping and Learn HOW to Brainstorm
- Learn How to Sketch and Sketch Various Concepts
- Learn How to Select Concepts for Further Development
- Work through the ENTIRE Logo Design Process
- Learn How to Choose the Right Typeface
- Develop a Typographic System
- Create a Flexible Color System
- Understanding Color Psychology and its Effect on Brand Design
- Working with Projects and Mockups to Further Develop Color Palettes
- Applying Our Brand Systems to Real World Projects like T-Shirt and Bag Designs
- Learn How to Write Ad Copy for your Brand
- Creating and Writing your Brand Voice and Language
- Create Photography Rules for Brands
- Create a Full Client Presentation
- Creating a Behance Portfolio Case Study
- Understanding the Basics of Brand Standards and Brand Guidelines
- Access to Photo Editing and a Vector Editing Program (This course uses Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator)
- Basic Working Knowledge of a Photo Editing or Vector Editing Program
This course covers all aspects of the brand design process. From sketching to portfolio presentations there is not one thing this class leaves out. It is massive covering topics such as:
Understanding Client Briefs
Learning to Ask the Right Questions
Client and Competitor Research
Finding a Target Audience
Creating a Customer Persona
Finding a Style Direction
Finding a Brand’s Position in the Market
Word Association Exercises
Word Mapping and Other Brainstorming Activities
Learn How to be Creative
How to Select Concepts for Further Development
The Entire Logo Design Process
Picking the Right Typeface
Gridding and Finalizing Our Logos
Creating a Logo System
Creating Typographic System
Creating a Flexible Color System
Understanding Color Psychology and its Effect on Brand Design
Working with Projects and Mockups to Further Develop Color Palettes
Applying Our Brand Systems to Real World Projects
Learn How to Write Ad Copy for your Brand
Creating and Writing your Brand Voice and Language
Creating Photography Rules for Brands
Developing a Full Client Presentation
Creating a Behance Portfolio Case Study
Understanding the Basics of Brand Standards and Brand Guidelines
The brand development process plays a critical part of the marketing and success of a company. I want to show you not only what successful brand design looks like but also how to brainstorm these concepts and ideas to finally turn that spark of an idea into a fully finished project ready for the client presentation, your portfolio and the world.
This class gently guides you through this process with a practical real world branding project using a case study for a sushi restaurant and delivery service. I created this course so you can start to offer branding packages to land bigger higher paying clients and propel yourself to the next level in your design career.
This course gives you the tools to know how to spark creativity, ideas, concepts and put them into motion. We go over several tools to help prevent creators block and to make it easy to come up with ideas that are relevant, authentic and meaningful.
Looking at blank pages never have to be scary again. You will feel confident filling those pages with finished polished content that will wow your potential clients.
We will work on building a finished case study presentation for you to start building a strong portfolio. We will work on creating both a client presentation and a brand guidelines manual to help people know how to use your brand design and identity system you developed.
This course has a nice balance of theory and practical software projects. This class is for those who have taken any of my software courses or have basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator or Adobe alternatives design programs as we will not cover the beginner level software basics.
This course comes loaded with a 50 page brand design guide that details the entire class in an easy to read accessible pdf. This course comes with style presentation Adobe photoshop template, an Adobe Illustrator brand presentation template and an Adobe Photoshop Behance portfolio template and more.
Ready to start changing more, elevate your design offerings and change the direction of your career? Want to be a designer that understands both the business and design aspect of the branding process to craft strong brands. I will see you in the first lesson.
Who this course is for:
- Graphic designers wanting to learn more about the entire branding and brand design process
- Anyone wanting to add brand packages to their client offerings
- Anyone interested in the Logo Design Process
- Anyone wanting to go deeper with design theory and see it applied to a real world brand design project
- Anyone wanting to learn how to be creative, brainstorm and come up with concepts and ideas
- Anyone wanting to build a portfolio
If anyone has questions about which course may work best for them, please feel free to contact or message me.
I have had many self-made titles over the years: Brand Manager, Digital Architect, Interactive Designer, Graphic Designer, Web Developer and Social Media Expert, to name a few. My name is Lindsay Marsh and I have been creating brand experiences for my clients for over 15 years. As a freelance graphic designer, I have worked on a wide variety of projects both in the digital and print space.
I have had the wonderful opportunity of taking classes at some of the top design schools in the world: Parsons at The New School, The Pratt Institute and NYU.
I have had the pleasure of teaching over 300,000+ students globally online. I have provided private tutoring in the the area of design and marketing for over 8 years. I am also now a certified Canva Certified Creative.
The thing I enjoy most of all about being a teacher is seeing my students flourish and to be able to start careers that are passionate and rewarding.
I have a Facebook group dedicated to helping my students thrive and start new freelance design businesses. I want to get to know my students and provide additional challenges that get them ready for wonderful opportunities in the design world.