Sales and Persuasion Skills for Startups
What you'll learn
- How to get the most out of the course
- How to use features, benefits and advantages – to your own advantage
- How to structure a sales call – with you in control
- Three sessions on how to manage objections – turning them into opportunities
- Closing techniques – getting to a ‘yes’
- Recovering from a lost sale
- Powerful questioning techniques
- Needs vs wants – and how to sell at a premium price
- Selling ‘off the page’ – a proven way to generate high quality sales leads
Start-ups and entrepreneurs are a mixed bunch. But one thing the winners all have in common Is – the ability to influence others. The ability to sell their ideas, sell their products, sell their service.
And the graveyard of business startups is littered with companies that failed to grasp that most important, essential skill - the art of persuasion.
That's what this course delivers in spades. The ability to get people to say 'YES'.
So – what is unique about this course?
- Unlike so many courses, Len Smith is always available should you have any queries. Just email him - he's here to help.
- It is a living, growing course - unlike any other course, as students suggest new topics, Len adds them as bonus lessons (he calls them fireside chats). No extra cost, the course just keeps on improving.
- It is not designed for salespeople wanting to boost their career. Salesman of the Month!
- It’s not ‘evangelical’ and it’s not designed to tell you how wonderful you are – what fantastic sales talents you’ve got hidden away, just waiting to be revealed.
No – it’s for real people. Entrepreneurs. Startups. Businesspeople - starting out - who recognise they have a crying need to learn how to get other people to say YES. And that’s what we mean by sales techniques in this course. Not just selling product – although, that IS important, so we do cover all the essentials about selling your product - but it’s also about getting others to buy into your ideas.
Things like, How To….
- Understand people’s motives for buying – some real surprises there!
- Make sure you always have a clear objective – never ‘winging it’, hoping that something will come out at the end
- Understand different personality types – and how to turn their personality traits to your advantage
- Turn needs into wants - and raise the profitability of what you do, what you sell
- Turn objections into sales opportunities
- Gain control and keep the upper hand in any discussion
- Apply the perfect test to see if others are raising smoke screens or holding something back
- Overcome ‘price-itis’. Never ever having to sell down on price
- Understand ‘buying signals’
- How to write a professional, compelling proposal
- Discover the best-kept secrets for overcoming road blocks like – “I’ll think about it” “I’ll think it over”
- Make it easy for your prospects to buy, for your business partners to say ‘yes’
There are countless courses on sales techniques. Mostly developed by trainers. This course is based on years' of personal-face-to-face experience from an expert who has worked at the coal face.
Len Smith has many years' experience in sales & marketing with companies like IBM and has been associated with a number of start-up successes. Developing business and marketing plans, market research, product branding, VC funding and strategic business development.
He's worked as a non-exec, involved in MBOs, company sales and a stock market flotation. He has also helped clients make the difficult leap from Europe to success in North America and the Asia Pacific Region.
Clients have included IBM, Travelex, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Welcom, Marks & Spencer Financial Services and Manchester Business School.
Now he shares his persuasion techniques with you.
Who this course is for:
- It is not intended for professional salespeople wanting to sharpen existing skills. It is aimed squarely at entrepreneurs, startups, busy business owners who want quickly to gain the essential skills of selling and persuading.
For the past 20 odd years Len has run his own business, Copywriting On Demand and manages The-Writers-Guru.
He works from home, writing copy for organisations around the world - and lots of them have become personal friends.
With forty years' experience in marketing, he spent three years in Paris responsible for IBM product marketing in 14 countries across EMEA.
His biggest market is the USA, followed by the UK, the Arab states and the Netherlands. His business comes via the web and his website attracts more than 1,000 visits a day.
Clients are as diverse as Vodafone, The Finance Leasing Association, Lloyds, PricewaterhouseCoopers, the BBC, a number of multinational pharmaceutical companies - even a TV 'Secret Millionaire'.
Married for more than 50 years (a world record?) he has three sons.
He lives in a rambling old vicarage in Yorkshire that has the distinction of having been built by the Brönte sisters’ Uncle Fennel. Charlotte’s earliest recorded letter was written from the vicarage during one of the children’s brief holidays there.
His interests have included competitive rallying (including an attempt at the Monte Carlo Rally and the Paris Marrakesh), and paragliding. These days he is content with art and opera.
Vacation time aside, Len aims to answer student queries within hours.
Hi, my name is Sean Kaye and I have the luxury of solving varied and complicated problems using technology for a living.
Ever since I can remember, I've been fascinated by the way technology evolves to more efficiently and effectively help people get things done.
For the last 20 years of my career, I've worked with large companies to apply leading edge technology to deliver results and to help them achieve their desired business goals and outcomes.
I've been involved with every major wave of technology since the early 90's working with companies to connect to the internet for the first time, designing early web-enabled ecommerce platforms through to cloud computing and hybrid IT over the last ten years especially.
During that time, I've worked with the technology of every major platform and vendor in the public and private cloud space such as: VMWare, Google, Microsoft and Amazon.
In my spare time over the past decade, I setup and run a few of online marketing services businesses with my wife. This area has expanded my mind and skillset into things like SEO, Copywriting and Content Marketing. In particular, I've been able to combine these online marketing skills with my technology and management experience to help people setup and operate their own online businesses successfully.
I'm originally from Toronto, Canada but have been living in Sydney, Australia for the past 21 years with my wife and son.
Udemy has been a great experience for me having taught over 70,000 students since starting back in 2013 and I look forward to helping you achieve your ambitions and dreams.