The Bitcoin Basics
- This course is perfect for beginners - no prior knowledge about Bitcoin is necessary.
- An interest in Bitcoin and an open mind
Over the past couple years there has been an explosion of growth and innovation in the bitcoin space, but many people still don’t really understand what bitcoin is, or why it’s exciting to so many entrepreneurs and investors.
Draper University and Zapchain have come together with the goal of making the most comprehensive bitcoin course. By making bitcoin more approachable, we hope to inspire people to innovate with Bitcoin, because we believe that bitcoin has transformative potential.
In this course we’ll teach you the fundamentals of bitcoin and introduce you to entrepreneurs who have been funded by tens of millions of dollars, the venture capitalists behind them, and some of the brightest engineers in Silicon Valley, all of whom will give us their unique insights into how bitcoin can change the world.
If you’ve heard of bitcoin but still don’t quite understand what it is, or are interested in how new technology has the power to transform the financial industry today, then this course is definitely for you!
Come join us at The Bitcoin Course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone interested in learning the basics of Bitcoin as both a technology and a currency. No prior knowledge about Bitcoin is necessary. This course is probably not for you if you're looking for a deep technical dive into Bitcoin, blockchain technology and/or cryptography.
- 01:07What is Bitcoin?
- 00:52What is a distributed ledger?
- 01:21How do transactions work on the distributed ledger?
- 01:36Bitcoin as a protocol and bitcoin as a currency
- 02:51Why is trust so important to financial transactions?
- 02:43How does Bitcoin solve this issue of trust?
- 17:59Interview: How Bitcoin allows trustless transactions [Matthew Martin]
- 10 questionsIntroduction Quiz
Draper University is Silicon Valley's top entrepreneurship program for builders and innovators from around the world. Students experience Silicon Valley via a cutting-edge, hands on curriculum taught by the most successful entrepreneurs in the Valley. Learn how to launch a business in this unique startup boot camp for entrepreneurs. Our program is about the future: making an idea into a prototype, growth hacking, pitching to venture capitalists, and ultimately building a great business. We are taking applications now for our 2016 Cohorts.
Visit our website to Apply!
Matt Schlicht has inspired tens of thousands of people to build chatbots. He created Chatbots Magazine, the bot industry’s leading trade publication, and he founded the Bots Group, the largest community of bot developers in the world. He was the first head of product at Ustream, a Y Combinator alum, and an advisor to Socialcam. He has been named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 twice.
Matt Schlicht is CEO of Octane AI, an online suite for running messenger marketing campaigns.