The Birth Of Civilization
What you'll learn
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the earliest complex cultures developed.
- Identify key peoples and places responsible for bringing civilization to particular regions.
- Analyze the cause and effect relationship between agriculture and civilization.
- Develop an understanding of how the ancient past impacts modern life.
- No previous writing experience needed.
Hello there! My name is Tobias Robbins and I'm super excited you are interested in Ancient History. I believe that learning about these foundational civilizations can teach us important perspectives for our modern lives. With the study of history we can preserve the most important aspects of ourselves and share them with countless others.
We all care about history for different reasons even if we don't realize it. Maybe you are a historian, and you might be struggling to get back on track. Or conversely, this could be your first deep dive into history and you don’t know how to begin. Perhaps you are an educator and need some fresh information on the topic to help liven up your own lessons on the subject. No matter what your reason for learning about the first civilizations, this course will give you something new to take away.
Here we will cover everything from the causes of that lead to widespread agriculture to effects on our lives today. We will cover fundamental facets of the first cultures as well as explore some introspective questions. Throughout the course I will challenge you to ask yourself why each of these elements is necessary and why need to know them. After all, it's the why's that will make us wise.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in history.
- Anyone who wants to improve their understanding of civilization.
- Educators looking for ideas on teaching Ancient History.
-I have been teaching in person and online for over a decade.
-Member of Phi Alpha Theta historical honor society.
-Member of Kappa Delta Pi educational honor society.
-Panelist for the A.S.U College of education transfer student conference and future teacher seminar.
-I am enthusiastic and motivated to help people reach their full potential.