How To Maximise Preschoolers' Early Math Skills
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Teach basic skills in mathematics with integrated methods from psychology, methodology, logic and fun.
- Analize the results in terms of know how, behavior and perception of your children
- Learn how to introduce a new task by stimulating children's interest
- Identify and correct mechanical learning
- Learn the most efficient techniques used by psychopedagogists and well-trained teachers
- Understand children psychology
- Build a stronger relationship with children
- Enhance your communication skills with children
- Teach correctly the next important themes in mathematics
- Apply the millestones learned in this course to each domain dealing with children
- Learn how to save money by creating your own crafts for educational activities
- Develop teaching skills with a strong base
- Learn how to create irezistable activities for children
- Get inspiration for other educational and fun activities
- Learn tips and tricks in education which can be applied in all domains related to children
- Improve teaching and parenting perception and methods
- You need to see you're child/student education as a priority
- You need to understand that simply counting does not imply a true understanding of the concept of numbers
- You need to be willing to help your child/students to have success in and out of school
You’re probably in the habit of measuring your preschooler’s growth by checking his or her height and weight, but how can you measure your child’s development in other areas, such as numbers and counting — early math skills?
When you hear a child reciting perfectly the numerical scale:''1,2,3...10'' you think he is good at basic math, right?
Flash news! Simply counting does not imply a true understanding of the concept of the number. It needs more than that!
It's very important for parents and teachers to understand the difference between CONCEPTUAL LEARNING and SKILL DEVELOPMENT.
Did you know that:
Number sense skills can influence the children success in and out of school and it is the base children NEED to succeed in elementary school and beyond!
This course is helpful for parents, grandparents, teachers, babysitters, nannies and any educator working with children between 3 and 7 years old, or more-if with learning difficulties. Teachers ( nannies, care givers, educators) can use this as a methodology guide when teaching number sense skills, as well as for inspirational activities.
My name is Georgia Sas and I have about 10 years of professional studies in teaching children and psychology. As a former early childhood educator, kindergarten teacher and author of many child-oriented products, I have encountered many children with no healthy relationship with math or no relationship at all. This is not just affecting their math results, but also their general SUCCESS IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL. I am not saying that, studies say it.
We, as adults, we hate math because we have been taught the wrong way. We were never taught how math concepts relates to each other and with everyday life, not talking about making math look fun.
This is the reason I created this course, my mission, my WHY: TO HELP YOU HELP YOUR CHILDREN BECOME BETTER THEN YOU!
The course includes TIPS&TRICKS when teaching, positive&negative VERBAL REWARD system, in-details described NUMBER SENSE COMPONENTS (quantification, subitizing, one-to-one correspondance, number reprezentation, addition, subtraction and many more), STEP BY STEP guide for teaching 1-10 NUMERICAL SCALE, activity EXAMPLES, DOWNLOADABLE WORKSHEETS, GAMES, PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES, diy materials and many more.
I’ve integrated the best methodology of teaching NUMBER SENSE SKILLS with psychological tips, parenting advices, diy activities, inspirational games and many more.
After attending this course, you’ll understand your child’s learning steps, how it contributes to his general development, how to teach him step by step, how to evaluate the results of your teaching method, how to analyze the results and how to be creative by doing yourself activities and educational games.You can involve your kid in this handmade activity. It will stimulate his artistic abilities, will improve your connection with him by working together on a project, will allow you both express your imagination by changing and personalizing your crafts.
Students from more then 100 countries have taken this course and love it:
"Georgiana is clearly a very skilled expert in education!
I absolutely recommend her course..!"
PLUS, during 2019 this course will be doubled in content. Surprize!
So, there are a lot of benefits for both your child and you…so let’s give it the proper importance!
If you’re ready…we can start!
To your success,
- This course is dedicated to any caregiver
- This course is dedicated to teachers
- This course is dedicated to parents with children between 3-7 years old
- This course is dedicated to grandparents
- This course is dedicated to babysitters and nannies
- This course is dedicated to psycho-pedagogists
- This course is dedicated to everyone who wants to learn how to teach basic knowledge in mathematics
- This course is dedicated to homeschooling parents
Nice to meet you! In this lecture I will present my background in psychology and teaching as well as my vision in childhood education. Feel free to present yourself in Q&A section.
This course addresses to teachers, parents, nannies, grand-parents, care givers or any educator who wants to help young learners in their first steps in mathematics. The course is a mix of psychological and methodological teaching methods meant to avoid mechanical learning. It can be used in homeschooling activities, kindergarten activities or any math knowledge check activity
Tips and tricks in parenting, teaching, education. An efficient algorithm for prompting 100% scientifically proven. Prompting is a very important tool in teaching children both with and without special needs (e.g. Autism).
Just by pointing your finger to direct a person's gaze in the right direction is a prompt. The utilization of prompts is a positive way of teaching and therefore encourages learning because students continually make progress and aren’t thwarted or discouraged by hearing the word “no” again and again.
In this lecture your will learn about Number sense.
Number sense or the basics of learning about numbers encompasses a broad understanding of the concept of numbers. It refers to a child’s fluidity in numbers and it is the first vital math skill a child must develop before reaching kindergarten.
Simply counting does not imply a true understanding of the concept of the number, this is why number sense skills are so important for young learners.
One of the quantification techniques is subitizing. In this lecture you will learn about its history, development steps, how to apply it, what to pay attention to and many more.
The most effcient step-by-step guide to teach a new number to preschoolers following all the rules in order to achieve number sense skills. A harmonyc teaching method guaranteeing the child success in mathematics as well as the child success in and out of school.
Interesting facts about kids and how their relationship with mathematics can influence their life.
This is Georgia Sas from Childhood Educaton Advice and I have been in this domain for more than 7 years now! During these years I have realized that I really love teaching and working with children and parents. So, instead of blogging I chose to share my knowledge by creating online courses. For me, it is super important to know what people want in a course and how they intend to use this knowledge in practice. So, I need your help and advice! If you ﬁll out this short questionnaire, it will help me a lot.
I'm all ears.
Thanks and have a wonderful week ahead!
Georgia :) (who appreciates your opinion)