The Behavioral Design Process
What you'll learn
- The 5 steps of the Behavioral Design Process
- How to use the 5 steps to avoid your own cognitive biases as you plan behavior change
- How to get your team to agree on the behavioral outcomes/results and why that is important
- How to determine specific behavioral outcomes
- How to improve the behavioral outcomes you achieve by thinking as a behavioral designer
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
In this course you will learn about the the best process to follow when you are designing for behavioral change. We created the Behavioral Design Process to help organizations get better results when they are trying to change behavior. When you are done with this course you will be able to apply the Behavioral Design Process to your projects and your organization.
All of our courses have quizzes, as well as exercises that you can send in for feedback.
Once you register for the course you can access it 24 hours a day, and learn at your own pace on either a desktop, laptop or mobile device.
Learn the Behavioral Design Process and use it to design for behavioral change and sign up now!
Who this course is for:
- The Behavioral Design Process course is for UX Designers, Product Designers, Product Managers, and people who are designing behavior change in their organization.
I earned my J.D. from the Loyola University School of Law in Chicago, and dual B.S. degrees in Economics and International Studies from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Technology has been a life long passion of mine. As the Chief Operations Officer at The Team W I have helped foster and grow an up and coming small business. Before The Team W, I worked at BP as a Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist, and also at Echo Logistics as an Account Executive. I currently live in Chicago, IL.