The Basics Of Pro Songwriting
What you'll learn
- The fundamentals of commercial songwriting.
- The exact same songwriting process that has been used to write countless #1 songs.
- The basics and beyond of song structure, melody and lyric writing, rhyme schemes, phrasing and more.
- How to AVOID common songwriting mistakes that instantly label you as an amateur to industry professionals...even if you aren't one!
- I geared these lessons to help songwriters ranging from absolute beginners to intermediate songwriters. I had been writing for over 10 years before I learned a lot of the things I teach. If you’re new…you won’t feel lost. If you’ve been writing a while…you won’t get bored and will learn a ton.
Ready to Drastically Improve Your Songwriting?
Whether you’ve never written a song in your life, or you’ve been writing for years and want to step up your game…my video course will have you writing songs like the Pro's.
So there are countless books, videos, and classes that teach songwriting. What makes my video course better, or even different? Good question. All of these other sources can teach you how to write a song. What’s a verse, chorus, bridge, etc…and yes, I will certainly teach you all of these things.
But in addition to the basics of songwriting, I teach you the basics of PRO songwriting. I’ve been a professional and successful songwriter for over 20 years and in this course I show you the exact method my colleagues and I use to write commercial songs every day. The exact same songwriting method that has been used to write countless #1 hit songs on the pop, country, christian, and rock charts!
I’ll also identify the most common mistakes songwriters make that instantly turn off industry professionals. If you’re currently making these mistakes, I can almost guarantee you won’t have success. Sorry…I don’t make the rules…but I know them, and now you can too!
Who this course is for:
- Songwriters and singer/songwriters who want to make songwriting MORE than a hobby.
- This course teaches songwriting with a strong emphasis on COMMERCIAL songwriting (meaning songs that make money, or songs you may hear on the radio).
- The sills and tools you'll learn here apply to writing many different genres of music -pop, country, rock, christian, R&B, acoustic, singer/songwriter, Adult Contemporary, etc. Conversely, if you're writing rap, classical, or any other very specific genres, I'd recommend checking out a course that is specifically geared for your genre.
Hi there -I’m Tom Worth - the Pro Songwriting Coach. I’ve been a professional and successful songwriter out of New York and Nashville for over 20 years.
So let’s get the 2 questions you’re probably thinking of out of the way…
1. Have I written any songs you know?
2. If I’m a successful songwriter, why do I teach?
Good questions. The answer to the first is…probably.
My first success was when I was 20 and a song I wrote and recorded was licensed by MTV and then ABC to be used on their shows “Road Rules” and “Forming The Band.” Since then, I’ve had over 65 of my songs recorded by artists other than me. One of them reached #6 on Billboard charts. Another was on a top 20 Billboard album.
My songs have also been used on ABC’s Jane By Design, in a Verizon commercial, and even the theme song for a show on ESPN.
2nd question: Yes it’s true – I’m living my dream as a pro songwriter. So why do I take time away from that to teach? That one’s simple…because I love teaching and helping songwriters follow and reach their dreams…and want them to avoid the many mistakes I made!
I didn’t know this until I was hired by Refinement Records to teach all of their artists songwriting. I loved it! After leaving Refinement, I was soon hired by the T3 Talent Agency in S. Carolina to be head of their songwriting department and develop a curriculum. I was coaching all ages, all genres, and again…I loved it.
That’s when I decided to cut back on songwriting and focus on teaching. I still write with and produce artists, but I’m more selective about it.
I started down this road years ago with the dream of hearing my songs on the radio. Since then in addition to my chart success, I’ve had 2 Publishing Deals, and have played on the Grand Ol’ Opry Stage. Dreams come true guys. Let me help you reach yours.