The Basics Of Cake
What you'll learn
- Everything you need to know to make the perfect cake, every step of the way from mixing to serving!
- The tools and materials needed to bake, assemble and frost a cake
- How to mix your cake batter (including recipes for vanilla and chocolate cake)
- How to bake a moist cake
- How to prepare cake layers and assemble a layer cake
- Prepare fillings and frostings (including recipes for flavoured and coloured fillings and frostings)
- How to frost a round, square and rectangular cake
- Finishing touches to decorate cakes
- How to store, transport and serve cakes
- Have an interest in cake decorating!
*UPDATED with brand new videos and recipes in May 2022!* This course is designed for anyone who wants to perfect the taste and appearance of their cakes. It's packed with information that you'll find useful whether you’re a complete beginner or you’ve been baking and decorating cakes for a while but want to improve the basic foundation of your cake. In ten modules this course covers from start to finish how to mix, bake, assemble, fill, frost, decorate, store, transport and serve a cake. You'll learn which tools and materials you'll need and how to use them for various techniques. You'll also find several recipes in the course for cakes, fillings and frostings. The course focuses on the tiny details, including all of the basics as well as more advanced tips to help you as you continue on your baking and cake decorating journey. With close-up video and simple, step by step instructions, you'll find each technique broken down into easy-to-follow steps, You can watch the modules whenever you choose and download or print the included recipes and quick reference guides, which are handouts for each module with photos and descriptions of every step. Using clear explanations, extensive examples and step by step instructions, you'll finish the course confident about your ability to make the perfect cake!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Intermediate bakers and cake decorators
With over 10 years of professional cake decorating experience and a background in teaching, Emily shares her creative designs and techniques with passion and patience. She breaks down each technique into manageable steps, focusing on the little details and also troubleshooting what can go wrong and how to fix it!