The Basics of Business Accounting
What you'll learn
- The ability to understand and interpret financial statements
- Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements and Statements of Owners' Equity
- The fundamentals of Accural Accounting
- Key accounting concepts such as Depreciation, the Fundamental Accounting Equation, Revenue Recognition, Assets, Liabilities, and much more.
- Terminology like SG&A, Amortization, Unearned Revenue, Current and Non- Current Liabilities, Fixed Assets, and much more.
- Basic math skills
- General knowledge of service or manufacturing organizations
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Desire to learn the fundamentals of business accounting
The Basics of Business Accounting starts at the very beginning introducing the student to essential accounting principles and concepts that apply to any business or industry. Through this course, the student will learn to interpret the key sections of the Four Main Financial Statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, the Cash Flow Statement, and the Statement of Owners' Equity.
Students will learn to apply the Fundamental Accounting Equation, and other vital accounting concepts such as depreciation, revenue recognition, accrual accounting, cash flow, and many others.
The Basics of Business Accounting will add the crucially important skills of understanding, interpreting and building financial statements to your existing business and management skill base.
"Ray has done a great job by teaching a robust approach to accounting that has ranged from its history to practical development and application." - Dion B.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone desiring to expand their business foundation
- Engineers, technicians, supervisors, non-financial managers, inventory specialists
- Small business owners, manufacturing supervisors, entrepreneurs
Ray Harkins is a senior manufacturing professional with 30 years experience in manufacturing engineering, quality management, and business analysis. During his career, he has toured hundreds of manufacturing facilities and worked with leading industry professionals throughout North America and Japan.
He earned his Bachelor of Science from the University of Akron where he majored in Engineering Technology, his Master of Science from Rochester Institute of Technology where he majored in Manufacturing Leadership and Project Management, and his Master of Business Administration from Youngstown State University.
He is a senior member of the American Society of Quality, and holds their Quality Engineering (CQE), Quality Technician (CQT), Quality Auditing (CQA) and Calibration Technician (CCT) certifications.
Ray has written extensively for national trade publications on the topics of quality engineering and career management, and has taught over 50,000 students through the Udemy platform on a range of manufacturing-related topics.