The Basics of Mind Mechanics - Thoughts 101
What you'll learn
- Learn about the mechanics of thinking, feeling, and reactions, which are foundational and are highly applicable to counseling anxiety, depression and many more.
- Learn ways of understanding our negative emotions and negative reactions and answer "Why am I feeling all these emotions?"
- Learn to identify negative thoughts, label the distortions and upgrade these thoughts.
- Learn to schedule a time to deal with negative thought, how to practice new thought and how to practice cognitive trigger mapping.
- The desire to change.
- A strong clear understanding why you need to grow and change.
"You are where your thoughts are so make sure your thoughts are where you want to be!" - Rebbe Nachman of Breslev, 19th century Jewish psychologist and mystic. In this course you will learn how thoughts create emotions, which in turn create reactions. We will teach a system filled with highly practical and highly effective tools. We teach about autopilot reactions and how to get better outcomes in the situations in your life. This material is helpful for anger, anxiety, guilt, fear, shame, sadness and many other emotions. Your emotions result from the way you look at things. Before you can experience any feeling, you must process it with your mind and give it meaning. The way that you understand what is happening influences how you feel about it. To the degree that your thinking about a given event is biased in any way, your feelings may be that much more intense, which will make it that much harder to act in a way that is helpful. We all have autopilot reactions and ways of responding that bring certain results to us and others. What are your automatic reactions to this challenging situation in front of you right now? How do you normally handle or react to this kind of situation? Do you try to avoid it? Do you yell? Do you eat or not eat? These are examples of how you respond when “Auto is Flying the Plane!”
Who this course is for:
- Struggling with worry and anxiety
- Attempting to overcome anger and frustration
- With an intense inner critic or loads of self critical thoughts
- Someone who wants to learn the basic mechanics of the mind
Daniel Levi, LCPC is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor for Individuals, Couples and Families. He is the CEO and owner of the The Integrative Counseling Centers at Skokie, Illinois and Scottsdale, Arizona.
Since his years of study and travel in India, Thailand and Israel, Daniel has focused his clinical work on Integrative Psychotherapy. He blends together elements of Cognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, Faith-Based Counseling, Mindfulness Training, Life Coaching and Spirituality. Daniel’s treatment approach to therapy integrates cognition, physiology, and spirituality. Daniel loves helping folks find their path out from suffering to serenity.
Daniel started the Integrative Counseling Centers in 2018 to offer to the local community and beyond a high quality place for effective and innovative treatment for emotional and behavioral difficulties. A place where clients can receive cognitive therapy blended with the best of the holistic and alternative techniques and approaches.
Harvard University, BA in World Religion, Psychology, Anthropology
Northwestern University, Continuing Studies in Psychology
Northeastern Illinois University, MA in Community Counseling
The Center for Holistic Medicine
Cognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy
Faith-Based Psychotherapy, Level 2 Practitioner
Adolescent & Adult Counseling
Mindfulness and Meditation Training
Life Coaching & Health Coaching
Mind Martial Arts & Wilderness Therapy
Men's Work, Couples Therapy & Family Therapy