Understand Banks & Financial Markets
What you'll learn
- Improve you skills to work in the finance industry
- Understand financial products and the language of finance
- Identify the 3 types of money and how banks create money
- You will learn what different types of banks do and how they make money
- Overview of the 3 financial product categories to trade capital, foreign currencies and risk
- Understand the emotions that drive Risk Management
- The different types of derivative products and why they are traded in high volumes
- Know the root of the 2008 financial crisis and how it can be prevented
- Know how, why and by whom products are traded on financial markets
- What is the role of Central Banks and their influence
- How money is created
- Overview of the payment prcoess
- Risk management basics
- Prepare for GARP or ACI certifications
Starting in the '80s, banks have become huge financial supermarkets offering a wide range of different services and products. Employees in these large banks have developed specialized expertise in the area in which they decide to make a career. Along with rapid developments in information technology this has resulted in large IT departments staffed by people without any particular financial and banking education.
For example: How was it possible that the 1929 financial crisis was repeated by the 2008 credit crisis? The outrage and confusion illustrates the knowledge gap of understanding what banks do, what happens on financial markets and what is needed to prevent a derailment of the financial sector.
Since 2005, I train people in the financial sector. To bridge the basic knowledge gap with an easy accessible tool, I have created a 3 hour video E-training at Udemy.
Example topics covered by this course:
Learn about money types and the role of Central Banks;
Understand the different bank types and their activities;
Get an overview of the 3 financial product categories to trade capital, foreign currencies and risk
Understand financial market products trading: how, why and by whom;
What happens on a dealing room;
You will be introduced to types of derivative products and why they are used;
Learn about the root of the 2008 financial crisis and how it can be prevented;
Understand exchange trading by a 20 minute entertaining video of the history of the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
BONUS: Students can download a FREE copy of my 40 page book Understand Banks and Financial Markets (Normal price $6) at Smashwords.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for everybody that wants to know what is happening in the world of banking
- If you work for a bank, insurance company, pension fund or other finnacial institution
- If you do business for financial institutions, e.g. as IT professional, Consultant, Controller; Accountant; Human Resources, Legal advisor.
- If you want to understand what is needed to prevent a major financial crisis.
Finance is no Rocket Science
I'm passionate about training. My ambition is to take away the curtain of complexity to make finance understandable for you.
Since 2005 I design financial training programs and have trained thousands of participants working in the finance sector covering topics such as:
Financial Markets and Products; Bank management; Risk management; Asset & Liability management; Business Economics Fundamentals; Analyze financial information to investigate potential money laundering.