The Art & Science of Drawing / FORM & SPACE
- 3 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How draw the foundational volumes, spheres, cylinders and cubes, in any orientation in space.
- How to break any form down into basic volumes and in doing so, understand how to draw them 3-Dimensionally.
- How to draw objects properly in perspective.
- How to produce drawings that give the illusion of 3-Dimensional objects occupying deep space.
- Some drawing experience recommended, but not required. If you're a true beginner, try The Art & Science of Drawing / Basic Skills.
This course contains the third and fourth installments of The Art & Science of Drawing series. In this course you’ll learn to do drawings that give the illusion of 3-Dimensional objects occupying deep space.
You’ll start by learning how to draw the sphere, the cylinder and the cube, the foundational shapes that all other forms, no matter how complex, are constructed from. Next you’ll learn to combine and manipulate these forms to draw any form observable or imaginable. You'll even get an introduction to linear perspective! Never again will your drawings appear flat and lifeless on the page.
The Art & Science of Drawing is a remarkable program that will teach you how to draw one day at a time. The program is simple, each day you’ll watch one video lesson that introduces an essential drawing skill, and then do the recommended practice. The Art & Science of Drawing is overflowing with powerful insights into the drawing process and offers some of the clearest, most accessible drawing instruction available. Many of the tools and techniques you'll learn here are rarely seen outside of private art academies.
This is the perfect course for painters who want to add depth to their work and the perfect primer for figure drawing. Learning how to think and draw in terms of volume is what makes the difference between good artists and great artists.
This course contains the third and fourth installments of an 8-part series. If you're a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
Dynamic Mark Making
Form & Space
Measuring & Proportion
Shading: Beyond the Basics
If you've got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art & Science of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
- Any artist wanting to improve their drawing or painting skills.
- Any artist wanting to create more dynamic and believable drawings or paintings.
- Any student preparing for a career in the arts.
In this lesson you'll learn how to combine the foundational volumes of spheres, cylinders and cubes in order to understand and draw more complex forms.