The Art & Science of Drawing / FORM & SPACE
What you'll learn
- How draw the foundational volumes, spheres, cylinders and cubes, in any orientation in space.
- How to break any form down into basic volumes and in doing so, understand how to draw them 3-Dimensionally.
- How to draw objects properly in perspective.
- How to produce drawings that give the illusion of 3-Dimensional objects occupying deep space.
- Some drawing experience recommended, but not required. If you're a true beginner, try The Art & Science of Drawing / Basic Skills.
This course contains the third and fourth installments of The Art & Science of Drawing series. In this course you’ll learn to do drawings that give the illusion of 3-Dimensional objects occupying deep space.
You’ll start by learning how to draw the sphere, the cylinder and the cube, the foundational shapes that all other forms, no matter how complex, are constructed from. Next you’ll learn to combine and manipulate these forms to draw any form observable or imaginable. You'll even get an introduction to linear perspective! Never again will your drawings appear flat and lifeless on the page.
The Art & Science of Drawing is a remarkable program that will teach you how to draw one day at a time. The program is simple, each day you’ll watch one video lesson that introduces an essential drawing skill, and then do the recommended practice. The Art & Science of Drawing is overflowing with powerful insights into the drawing process and offers some of the clearest, most accessible drawing instruction available. Many of the tools and techniques you'll learn here are rarely seen outside of private art academies.
This is the perfect course for painters who want to add depth to their work and the perfect primer for figure drawing. Learning how to think and draw in terms of volume is what makes the difference between good artists and great artists.
This course contains the third and fourth installments of an 8-part series. If you're a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
Dynamic Mark Making
Form & Space
Measuring & Proportion
Shading: Beyond the Basics
If you've got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art & Science of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
Who this course is for:
- Any artist wanting to improve their drawing or painting skills.
- Any artist wanting to create more dynamic and believable drawings or paintings.
- Any student preparing for a career in the arts.
Drawing has been my lifelong passion. After studying at Otis College of Art & Design in Los Angeles, I continued to study numerous forms of drawing including the timeless traditions of the old masters as well as cutting-edge contemporary practices.
I have been teaching drawing for over 20 years at studios, museums, galleries, and schools and have developed numerous bestselling online figure drawing courses taught to an international student base.
In 2017 I was honored as one of Udemy's Best New Instructors.
I'm thrilled to bring you a lifetime of drawing and teaching experience to this unique program. I look forward to working with you. Cheers!