The Art & Science of Drawing / DYNAMIC MARK MAKING
What you'll learn
- How to use the pencil to create a wide range of expressive and engaging lines marks.
- How to infuse your line work with emotion that truly connect with a viewer.
- How to draw objects in a way that give the viewer a sense of what it feels like to the touch.
- How to make objects appear to recede in space using atmospheric perspective.
- This course is for the beginners and anyone looking to develop solid fundamental drawing skills. It is recommended that true beginners enroll in the Basic Skills section of The Art & Science of Drawing prior to taking this course.
How you draw says just as much about you as what you draw. In this second course in the Art & Science of Drawing series, you’ll learn to bring your drawings to life with dynamic and engaging mark making. You’ll learn to truly express yourself through drawing from the most delicate of marks to lines that jump off the page with passionate intensity.
The Art & Science of Drawing is a remarkable program that will teach you how to draw one day at a time. The program is simple, each day you’ll watch one video lesson that will introduce an essential drawing skill, and then do the recommended practice. The Art & Science of Drawing is overflowing with powerful insights into the drawing process and offers some of the clearest, most accessible drawing instruction available. Many of the tools and techniques you'll learn here are rarely seen outside of private art academies.
This course is highly recommended for anyone who wants to learn to paint as well. Most master painters agree that drawing is a fundamental and essential skill for all painters.
This course is the second installment of an 8-part series. If you're a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
Dynamic Mark Making
Form & Space
Measuring & Proportion
Shading: Beyond the Basics
If you've got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art & Science of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
Who this course is for:
- This course is highly recommended to anyone interested in expressing themselves through art.
Drawing has been my lifelong passion. After studying at Otis College of Art & Design in Los Angeles, I continued to study numerous forms of drawing including the timeless traditions of the old masters as well as cutting-edge contemporary practices.
I have been teaching drawing for over 20 years at studios, museums, galleries, and schools and have developed numerous bestselling online figure drawing courses taught to an international student base.
In 2017 I was honored as one of Udemy's Best New Instructors.
I'm thrilled to bring you a lifetime of drawing and teaching experience to this unique program. I look forward to working with you. Cheers!