The Art & Science of Drawing / SHADING FUNDAMENTALS
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to draw basic volumes using dramatic light and shadow.
- How light and shadow operate on the fundamental volumes: the sphere, the cube and the cylinder.
- How to recognize and draw fundamental light and shadow patterns including the highlight, the core shadow, reflected light and the cast shadow.
- Some drawing experience is recommended, but not required.
In this course you’ll learn how to draw using dramatic light and shadow. All form, no matter how complex, follows a basic set of shading principles. By understanding how light operates on the fundamental volumes of the sphere, cylinder and cube, you’ll be able to realistically shade and render basic forms and be prepared to draw and shade more complex subjects. It’s essential that every artist and creative professional know and be able to use these powerful shading techniques.
This course is a perfect prerequisite to painting and figure drawing.
THE ART & SCIENCE of DRAWING is a remarkable program that will teach you how to draw one day at a time. The program is simple, each day you’ll watch one video lesson that will introduce an essential drawing skill, and then do the recommended practice. THE ART & SCIENCE of DRAWING is overflowing with powerful insights into the drawing process and offers some of the clearest, most accessible drawing instruction available. Many of the tools and techniques you'll learn here are rarely seen outside of private art academies.
This course is the seventh installment of an 8-part series. If you're a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
Dynamic Mark Making
Form & Space
Measuring & Proportion
Shading: Beyond the Basics
If you've got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art & Science of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
- Anyone interested in drawing or painting.
- Anyone looking for a career in the arts.
- Anyone wanting a creative outlet.
- Anyone interested in design.
Today you'll be introduced to light, how it is used in art, and how it impacts form.
Todays Project: Create a 5 step value scale