The Art of Winning Requests for Proposals (RFP's)
What you'll learn
- Significantly improve your chances to win competitive Requests for Proposals (RFP's) without competing on price, fees and rates.
- Provides a map and navigation tools for winning RFP's
- Understand then align the the client's motivation and decision process.
- Learn how to create a Preference Value Proposition that makes it easier for client to choose you.
- This course is gleaned from the comprehensive Third Level Selling course. It is for those who want to focus on winning RFP's. If you have taken the Third Level Selling course, you already have access to this content.
Service provider competition has never been more brutal. As markets mature and competition increases, the perceived differences between you and your best competitors decrease. You are probably feeling increasingly commoditized as clients begin to view you and your competitors as pretty much the same. Your win rate may be decreasing. More decisions are being made on price, and competitors are “buying” the business with low-ball bids. But you also may be the victim of your own loss of identity because your message and tactics have not evolved with your client’s increased choice.The best way to win RFP's (request for proposals), is to make sure you understand how and why clients choose one competitor over another, and how elite providers align and win without competing on price, fees or rates. This is the same program that we offer to our professional, financial and commercial real estate clients internationally.
Who this course is for:
- Those who are responsible for or participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Those who have not already taken the comprehensive Third Level Selling course
Bob Potter is the managing principal of RA Potter Advisors, LLC, a marketing and sales strategy consulting practice for service providers. His clients include top financial (banks, investment banks and commercial real estate) and professional services firms (consulting, accounting, technology, architecture and law). Over the past 18 years he has taught thousands of service providers how to improve this critical area of success.
He is the author of Selling Real Estate Services: Third Level Secrets of Top Producers and Winning In The Invisible Market: A Guide To Selling Professional Services In Turbulent Times and developer of the Third Level Sales and Service training programs.
Bob spent 35 years in business development with companies that included IBM, McGraw-Hill, Dean Witter and MBIA. He has opened new markets in the U.S., Mexico, Australia and Asia. He co-founded, merged, IPO'd and sold an internet financial technology company in 2000 and started RA Potter Advisors to help others develop and communicate differentiated value propositions and accelerate business relationships to win and retain committed clients. Bob received his B.A. degree from Santa Clara University and his M.B.A from UC Berkeley.
He can be reached at 415 717-1662 or firstname.lastname@example.org