The Art of Storytelling (Early Childhood Educators)
What you'll learn
- The importance of Storytelling and engaging classroom activities which help in enhancing children listening, literacy and creative skills
- The five basic and important elements of a story
- A good understanding of effective Storytelling Techniques and Methods that makes a story engaging for the audience like children at home & students in the class
- Create classroom setups for Storytelling based on themes - Forest, Halloween, Construction Vehicles and In the Ocean
- Make creative and colourful props using various kind of material like felt, foam, paper, cotton, thread and wood
- Narrating a story - " Journey of a seed to a plant" in your own words using creative, attractive puppets called " Kathpotlis"
- Curiosity about learning effective techniques & methods for Storytelling
- Interest in Creative Art Work and making your own story using creative props & teaching resources for your children
Stories have been around since the beginning of time, passed down to us in oral and written form and are the easiest way to connect. It is proven and universally acknowledged that stories are very effective way to communicate and learning through stories is fun.
This course explains about the importance of Storytelling and how it becomes a great learning activity for children. It also explains about various effective Storytelling techniques and methods which help children improve their listening, literacy, creative and thinking skills. When someone narrates a story to young children, they learn various sounds, words and sentence formation.
This is a course designed for aspiring teachers to enhance their skills in the art of storytelling. It will help them create interesting stories and keep children engaged in the classroom. Parents/ Carers will learn creative ways of narrating a story that helps in strengthening their relationship with the child.
You will also learn about creative props and classroom setups used in Storytelling which really enrich the experience and encourage a pleasant involvement with books and stories for young children. These can help to draw children's attention into the stories and enrich their understanding of the story.
Selecting appropriate story books for children of different age groups is very important.For reading to or with children, we should select picture books with strong storylines and character development. For the child who is reading independently, choose a book with a straight forward story employing words that will be familiar from everyday use.
Who this course is for:
- Early Childhood and Elementary/ Primary Educators
- Parents/ Carergivers of young children
- Early Childhood Education students
Hi I am Veenu
Educational Consultant, Curriculum planner & Educator with over twelve years of experience in Early Childhood Education with a passion for teaching and learning with children. I truly believe in learning happens everyday and yes, you learn from children as well. They have taught me more about myself and that happiness exists in little things.
Teaching at various institutions in India and through Parent Education Program in US, I have developed various modules for Teacher Enrichment Programs for early childhood and primary educators.
My specialised modules include:
• The Art of Storytelling
• Circle Time Made Fun
• Classroom Learning Centres
• Classroom Learning Stations ( Early Years)
• The Science of Parenting
• Making PYP Happen
• Lesson Planning in PYP
• Classroom Strategies for Effective Teaching
• Classroom Management Strategies & Techniques
• Learning Essential Soft Skills ( Children & Students)