The Art Of Smearing: Oil Pastel Technique
What you'll learn
- how and why use the smearing technique
- what tools and materials to use
- practice smearing technique
- create oil pastel drawing of flowers using the smearing technique
- For this class, you'll need oil pastels, toned or colored oil pastel paper, masking tape.
In this class, discover the art of the smearing technique. If you search online for oil pastel smearing technique, you will more likely find lots of tips on how to avoid accidental smears, but not how to create them intentionally. In this class, you will learn and practice smearing as a technique for oil pastel drawings.
Smearing as an intentional oil pastel technique holds limitless possibilities to get creative. It adds a soft or blur effect, as well as an illusion of motion, mystery, or distance. You can also achieve a variety of colors and shading through smearing. The best way to use the potentials of the smearing technique to the fullest is to experiment with how you smear oil pastels and to practice on achieving a range of different effects.
You will learn:
how and why use the smearing technique
what tools and materials to use
practice smearing technique
create oil pastel drawing of flowers using the smearing technique
At the end of this class, you’ll be able to use the smearing technique using oil pastels, you’ll see how much potential oil pastels hold and you will create your own drawing using the smearing technique.
As a project, create your own oil pastel drawing
practice smearing with oil pastels
create a floral drawing using the smearing technique
Who this course is for:
- This class is perfect both for beginners and experienced artists. As an oil pastel beginner, you will learn a completely new and unique technique, and if you are an experienced artist, this class will bring a fresh view to oil pastels.
I’ve decided to share my experience and all that I’ve learned about creating paintings and oil pastel drawings. This decision led me to create courses that I love as much as I love my paintings. Now you can create your own artwork too!
I love sharing my knowledge, the process of creating classes is something really inspiring for me. I want more people to discover and to love my art and my classes. For this reason, I want to share them here with you and I hope you'll love them!