Art of facing a Job Interview: Perspective of an Interviewer
What you'll learn
- The finer points of how to face or conduct a job interview for Candidates as well as HR Managers and Leaders.
- The various stages of interview and their importance
- Conduct and significance of written test and group discussion
- How to conduct yourself as you enter the interview room, walk up to the table and sit in front of the panel
- How to answer the question "Something about "yourself"
- How a candidate is being observed by the interviewer
- Questions about application of book knowledge to real life situations
- Some general questions and how to answer them
- Expecting unexpected questions and dealing with tough questions
- Points to remember during a telephonic interview
- How to communicate during an interview
- Absolutely not. Any one who is to face a job interview as a candidate or conduct a job interview to select a candidate can take this advisory session
The course focuses on candidate experience designed to bring out the best on ones self. It defines the interview process and its importance explaining the stages of interview process, the importance of verbal and body communication, inclusivity of various aspects and interview question design. It relies on feedback and real life experience of a senior ex Army Officer providing a comprehensive guidance to a candidate seeking or facing a job interview.
Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid, an Army Veteran and a post graduate in Engineering and Finance with a Doctorate in management explains to the prospective job candidates how to display their qualities, which are already present in them, to the interview panel and thus win their dream job.
On the other hand, if you happen to be an HR personnel who is required to conduct interviews and select potential candidates, you can learn from the four decades of experience of Col Shahid as to what to look for in a candidate being interviewed for a job.
It is a win-win opportunity for both, the candidate as well as the employer or the interviewer.
This two hour session, in its true sense, is the Art of facing job interviews as well as conducting job interviews. It will be of immense benefit to the job seekers as well as the job givers. The entire process of selecting a candidate for a job, right from the stage of a written test to group discussion and final interview is described in great detail.
The speaker himself has interviewed a large number of candidates for various jobs during his four decades of work experience. He knows the subject well and speaks to the point without any glamour, frills or divergence thus, respecting the value of time.
Who this course is for:
- Candidates, HR Managers and Leaders
- Any one who is about to face a job interview, specially final year university students.
- Any one who is required to conduct a job interview to hire candidates, specially HR personnel of companies.
- Job Applicants
- Job Interview candidates
You being a keen learner in quest of knowledge, our courses are designed and structured specially for you.
About our courses:
Our courses are designed to give you an in-depth knowledge in a manner which is easy to understand and difficult to forget. Emphasis is given to the fundamentals rather than bookish literature so as to make your foundation strong.
About the Instructor:
Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid is an Army veteran and a mechanical engineer with over 38 years of experience. Qualified as a post graduate engineer coupled with a masters degree in financial management, a PhD and a passion for teaching he continues to be a learner. He is also a fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and a Chartered Engineer. Apart from academic qualifications and several specialized Army courses, his versatile experience in understanding people across a wide spectrum will add to the value of his lectures. Retired from the Army in 2020, he now pursues his passion for teaching and manages a small consultancy firm called PRUDENCE Engineering and Financial Consultants of which he is the founder.
Knowledge is the only instrument of production which is not subject to diminishing returns.
An investment in knowledge gives consistent returns throughout life, and then to the next generation.
Lt Col (Dr) Sofia Shahid is an officer ex Indian Army with over 20 years of experience. She has served across the length and breadth of the country in field as well as peace areas.
Lt Col Sofia is currently managing her own Dental clinic with a mission of preventing dental caries in children.