The Art of Facing a Job Interview. How to face an interview?
What you'll learn
- The finer points of how to face a job interview
- Conduct and significance of written test and group discussion
- What does an interviewer look for in a candidate
- How to conduct yourself as you enter the interview room, walk up to the table and sit in front of the panel
- How to answer the question "Something about "yourself"
- How a candidate is being observed by the interviewer
- Questions about application of book knowledge to real life situations
- Some general questions and how to answer them
- Expecting unexpected questions and dealing with tough questions
- Points to remember during a telephonic interview
- How to communicate during an interview
- Absolutely not. Any one who is to face a job interview as a candidate or conduct a job interview to select a candidate can take this advisory session
Are you a candidate seeking a job and about to face a job interview? Or may be you are an HR executive about to conduct a job interview. This advisory hosted by PRUDENCE Engineering and Financial Consultants is intended for both. Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid, an Army Veteran and a post graduate in Engineering and Finance with a Doctorate in management explains to the prospective job candidates how to display their qualities, which are already present in them, to the interview panel and thus win their dream job. At the same time, through the flow of the session, the HR personnel can learn from his four decades of experience as to what to look for in a candidate being interviewed for a job. It is a win-win opportunity for both, the candidate as well as the employer or the interviewer.
This advisory in its true sense is the Art of facing job interviews as well as conducting job interviews. It will be of immense benefit to the job seekers as well as the job givers. The entire process of selecting a candidate for a job, right from the stage of a written test to group discussion and final interview is described in great detail bringing out the finer points as to what an interviewer looks for in a candidate. To an employer, It also implies what an interviewer should look for in a candidate.
The speaker himself has interviewed a large number of candidates for various jobs during his four decades of work experience. He knows the subject well and speaks to the point without any glamour, frills or divergence thus, respecting the value of time.
Who this course is for:
- Any one who is about to face a job interview, specially final year university students.
- Any one who is required to conduct a job interview to hire candidates, specially HR personnel of companies.
- Job Applicants
- Job Interview candidates
You being a keen learner in quest of knowledge, our courses are designed and structured specially for you.
About our courses:
Our courses are designed to give you an in-depth knowledge in a manner which is easy to understand and difficult to forget. Emphasis is given to the fundamentals rather than bookish literature so as to make your foundation strong.
About the Instructor:
Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid is an Army veteran and a mechanical engineer with over 38 years of experience. Qualified as a post graduate engineer coupled with a masters degree in financial management, a PhD and a passion for teaching he continues to be a learner. He is also a fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and a Chartered Engineer. Apart from academic qualifications and several specialized Army courses, his versatile experience in understanding people across a wide spectrum will add to the value of his lectures. Retired from the Army in 2020, he now pursues his passion for teaching and manages a small consultancy firm called PRUDENCE Engineering and Financial Consultants of which he is the founder.
Knowledge is the only instrument of production which is not subject to diminishing returns.
An investment in knowledge gives consistent returns throughout life, and then to the next generation.