The Art Of Database Design
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- get into details and techniques of database designing in Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- find more inspiration, ideas and solutions in database design
- write robust warehouse system with stock calculation
- design model where are needs of writing data in bits and bitwise operations
- design and define a new taxonomy in existing design
- custom design for internationalization and localization
- test database design/objects in more complete and systematic way
- You need to have experience in database modeling and in creating database objects in relational databases.
- You should be very familiar with creating and using the objects such as tables, table constraints, views, triggers, stored procedures, and functions.
- It is also necessary to know well SQL syntax, especially the select various types of joins, build in functions...
- It would be preferable to know at least first three forms of normalization, and have some experience in programming.
- It would be useful to have a basic knowledge in general business areas such as warehousing, sales or supplies.
Upgrade your database design skills with new ideas and solutions.
Starting with the installation of the relational database and its tools, and with an introduction to each subject, this course will take you through database design best practices in various business domains:
- internationalization/localization and,
- database testing
It shows you the techniques of:
- a live stock level calculations,
- bitwise operations on relations,
- advanced data searching,
- plural forms,
- basic query optimization,
- creating automated database tests of various tests types, etc.
It includes the source codes of the complete course for the 4 most popular relational databases:
- SQL Server,
- MySQL, and
All the databases (express editions) and tools (freeware or trial) used in the course can be used completely free of charge. You can choose other databases and tools if you think they are more suitable for you. The source code from the scripts will work on some other databases that are more or less compatible with the listed ones.
With a help of naming convention and crow's foot notation you’ll be able to work alongside the author as you work through each chapter.
It is not for beginners!!!
Suitable for advanced or expert database designers/developers, through this course of 43 lectures and 2 hours of content and complete scripts for most popular relational databases, you’ll learn and establish a strong understanding of the practical and flexible solutions in the field of database design.
You need to have experience in creating all the basic objects in any of the relational databases:
- foreign keys and,
- other constraints.
It would be preferable to know at least first three forms of normalization, joins, as well as that you have some experience in programming. By creating tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures you’ll understand practical problems and possible solutions in your future database design practice.
Almost every chapter has exercises to encourage you to think of just learned.
Complete with full scripts of creating users, privileges, and database objects for each chapter, you’ll be able to work on your own solution as a branch of selected solution from the course.
- Experienced database designers, but also software engineers and software architects.