*** Please note that the Wix editor has changed since this course was developed. The majority of the code will still work as taught in this course, but the buttons and layout of the Wix editor will look different. Also please note that I do not offer technical support for this course any longer. However, 99% of the time, student issues have been due to a syntax error (typo) in their code or from deviating from the course content. Please check your code carefully and note that Velo is a case sensitive language. All the best! ***
Do you have a million-dollar website idea but don’t have the technical skills to bring it to life? This course is for people just like you who want to create websites with advanced functionality – but are not website developers by trade. You are generally quite computer savvy, and may have a light coding background – even if it is just with formulas in Excel, … hey that’s a start! The good news is: you have found the right course!
This is an applied guide to Velo (a.k.a. Wix Code) meaning you will learn how to build a fully functional website, from scratch, using code. I believe the best way to learn is by way of practical example. Therefore, everything taught in this course will have a purpose or business function behind it. This is not a course in programming theory and vague principals – only real-world application and functionality which you can take, adapt and apply to your own Wix based websites.
What will you learn in this course?
In this course you will learn how to build a fully functional jobs board website, step by step using Velo Code and Wix! The finished website will:
· allow job seekers to browse for jobs using conditional filters and keyword searches
· allow job seekers to submit their CV and cover letter to apply for jobs
· allow recruiters to create, update and manage their profiles
· allow recruiters to post job adverts to the jobs board and edit their jobs if need be
· allow recruiters to access the job seeker applications for each of their jobs advertised
· allow recruiters to pay for their job listings before they are live on the jobs board website
· allow recruiters to see how many people have actually viewed each of their posted jobs
· and much more!
What useful things are covered in this course which I can apply to my own Wix based websites?
· Learn functional code which can be applied to a variety of purposes
· Conditional dropdown lists and conditional filtering
· Dynamic pages which populate from your various databases
· Repeater menus which allow for dynamic browsing of data
· Receive user input using custom forms
· Create unique reference numbers for database entries
· Saving user input into a database and retrieving it again for later use/display
· Querying and updating data from a database
· Work across related databases with reference keys
· Calculated fields in code e.g. days until each job advert closes
· Create members pages including profile and dashboard
· Automatic email verification / authentication for site members
· Take dynamic payments via customised payment forms
· Add a views counter to dynamic pages
· And lots more!
This is the course you have been waiting for and is suitable for beginners. Hurry before someone else develops your amazing website idea before you get a chance to build it for yourself!