Advanced Memory Techniques Course (the WMC Challenge)
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 20 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- At the end of my course, students will be able to memorize short, medium or very long numbers, including binary numbers.
- You will learn how to remember people’s names and faces and to memorize the exact order of one or more complete packs of cards.
- Remember the dates for appointments , birthdays, anniversaries.
- Memorize random abstract images or entire lists of random words.
- There are no special requirements , other than having an interest in this fascinating area of Memory Improvement.
- No prior knowledge in memory improvement required ! You will see for yourself how simple and handy this skill is!
** WELCOME TO THE ADVANCED MEMORY TECHNIQUES COURSE- Learn the Memory Experts Techniques That Will Change Your Life **
What is the challenge of this course? This course is the second course of the series "The Memory Techniques Course" and presents the Advanced Mnemonic Systems.
After creating my first course,dedicated to the Basic Memory Techniques( which is also available on Udemy), I noticed a great interest in this topic, so I brought now the second course, dedicated to the advanced memory techniques used by memory athletes in competitions.
In this course, you will learn the most powerful memory techniques explained in detail and with practical examples.
These methods and systems are tested and used by memory experts and they will also work for you!
I will also introduce you to the atmosphere of the World Memory Championships(WMC). You will see what the 10 contest disciplines are, how the tests take place, what are the rules for them and you will also learn tips and tricks on how to choose the right method for each memory contest discipline.
The techniques presented in this course can become your new mnemonic nuclear arsenal that will help you:
to memorize short, medium or very long numbers, including binary numbers;
to remember people’s names and faces;
to remember the dates for appointments , birthdays, anniversaries;
to memorize the exact order of one or more complete packs of cards ;
to memorize random abstract images or entire lists of random words.
This course will take you on a journey of self-discovery, showing how to develop your memory full potential, and how to use it effectively in your daily life.If you consistently apply the memory techniques presented in this course, in addition to improving memory, in just a matter of months, even weeks, you will notice an improvement in the overall quality of your life.
I'm sure you will enjoy it and I can't wait to be your guide and mentor on this exciting new journey!
Chris M Nemo
Memory Improvement Writer& Blogger at The Mnemo Bay
- Anyone looking to develop new learning and memory improvement skills. This course is suitable for complete beginners,too.
- Anyone interested to become a mental athlete or to participate in a memory competition in the future. If you're just at the beginning of your journey to memory improvement, you definitely need to take this course , which will give you the motivation to continue to follow your path to become a mental athlete.
- People who think they have a bad memory and want to do something about it
- Students can use this course to improve their study skills
So, what is the challenge of this course?
The course is not intended to train you to become a Grand Master of Memory, although, if you will be motivated and determined enough , you'll probably be able to successfully participate in any memory competition.
This lecture present on overview of the memory systems and methods.
The Dominic system is a technique for memorizing long sequences of numbers or playing cards, created by Dominic O'Brien, a British mnemonist (eight time World Memory Champion) and an author of memory-related books.
The Person-Action-Object System (or "PAO" System) is a popular method for memorizing long random numbers or decks of playing cards. The PAO system is similar to the Dominic System (person-action) but it adds an object to the images.
The creator of the Ben System is Ben Pridmore, a British mnemonist who has won the World Memory Championships three times. Ben is also multiple world record holder and holds the record for the most memory competitions attended.
Ben System is a variation of the Major System, which I introduced in my previous course.
A true Olympiad of the brain, the World Memory Championship has taken place annually since 1991.
The WMC is a decathlon of ten different events, with 6 different kinds of information: numbers,playing cards,historic dates,random words,names and faces and abstract images.
In this lesson, I will show you what these disciplines are and how they are scored in the world memory championship
As I have shown in the first part of the course, memory improvement has been a permanent human concern since ancient times. It has been referred to as “one of the world’s oldest professions”, and in history there have been people who have achieved amazing performances in this area.
Besides historical evidence, recent studies suggests that memory training does really work. These studies have also demonstrated the link between memory and intelligence