Ethical Hacking Foundation - Part 4
What you'll learn
- You will go through a demo on SYN flooding attach using hping3 command
- You will go through a demo on Metasploit test. Metasploit is a penetration testing framework that makes hacking simple.
- Metasploit is an essential tool for many attackers and defenders.
- You will start using Maltego Tool after you go through a demo of the Maltego community edition 4.2.4.
- You will get clarity on web application security
- Its a branch of information security that deals specifically with security of websites, web applications and web services.
- You will get an introduction to Splunk's user interface and will be conversant with the UI post this session.
- We cover Navigating splunk web: splunk home, splunk bar, splunk web,getting date into splunk, how to specify data inputs and where splunk stores data
- You will learn what SIEM and Log Management mean for businesses and how to use them more effectively to mitigate risk for your company.
- Assignment: You need to read two books and share the summary for completion of this course and to get the certificate
- Public and Private IP, Classes of IP: an end to end demo using a network simulation tool
- We cover Navigating splunk web: splunk home, splunk bar, splunk web and getting date into splunk
- You will learn how to specify data inputs, where splunk stores data and getting tutorial data into splunk
- You will start using splunk search, search actions and modes, search results tools, events, what are fields, extracted fields, find and select fields
- You can run more targeted searches, use the search language and learn with search assistant.
- Start using Splunk's basic transforming commands and create reports, dashboards and alerts.
- You will start using Splunk Enterprise Security
- You can setup Splunk on your system, save and share reports and start creating alerts
- You will understand what vulnerabilities are and will learn how to mitigate them
- You should have gone through three of our courses as a prerequisite, this will help you build you knowledge base properly. Courses : Ethical Hacking Foundation - Part 1, 2 & 3
In this course on "Ethical Hacking Foundation - Part 4" you will learn most of the common tools used in IT Companies. We aim to keep adding more tools to make this course as comprehensive as possible.
You will go through a live demo on SYN flooding attach using hping3 command
Hping3 is a useful tool to test the target system's resilience to the TCP SYN attack. A variation of the TCP SYN attack is the local area network denial attack, which uses the TCP SYN attack on an open port, with the source and destination IP addresses and ports the same
You will go through a live demo on Metasploit test. Metasploit is a penetration testing framework that makes hacking simple. It's an essential tool for many attackers and defenders.
Metasploit is a penetration testing framework that makes hacking simple. It's an essential tool for many attackers and defenders. Point Metasploit at your target, pick an exploit, what payload to drop, and hit Enter.
You will start using Maltego Tool after you go through a demo of the Maltego community edition 4.2.4.
Maltego is a comprehensive tool for graphical link analyses that offers real-time data mining and information gathering, as well as the representation of this information on a node-based graph, making patterns and multiple order connections between said information easily identifiable.
With Maltego, you can easily mine data from dispersed sources, automatically merge matching information in one graph, and visually map it to explore your data landscape.
You will get clarity on web application security and that it is a branch of information security that deals specifically with security of websites, web applications and web services.
Web application security is the process of protecting websites and online services against different security threats that exploit vulnerabilities in an application’s code. Common targets for web application attacks are content management systems (e.g., WordPress), database administration tools (e.g., phpMyAdmin) and SaaS applications.
You will learn what SIEM and Log Management mean for businesses and how to use them more effectively to mitigate risk for your company.
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Log Management are two examples of software tools that allow IT organizations to monitor their security posture using log files, detect and respond to Indicators of Compromise (IoC) and conduct forensic data analysis and investigations into network events and possible attacks.
Introduction to Splunk's user interface
The Splunk web interface consists of all the tools you need to search, report and analyse the data that is ingested. The same web interface provides features for administering the users and their roles. It also provides links for data ingestion and the in-built apps available in Splunk.
Assignment: You need to complete reading two books. One is on Network Security and the other is on SIEM
Very Easy to Understanding ~ MD SHAMIM SARKAR
Good examples of how to use Kali Linux tools. ~ Lucas Emmanuel Desimoni
It is a perfect match for my career intension right now ~ Tebello Mosolotsane
Really great course ~ Dimas Dwiki Ganteng Ismoyo
Just pay attention in the course and you will find it amazing. Great help to me. ~ Abhijeet Prakash
Who this course is for:
- Those who are interested in a career in cyber security and ethical hacking
We specialize in Cybersecurity, Data Science and Talent Management/Human capital management training. The USP of all our training's is the hands-on that we provide, our focus is on real-life practical knowledge sharing, and not tool-based PPT slides. All our training's are conducted by highly experienced practitioners who are dyed-in-the-wool penetration testers. The material is cutting edge and updated with even the most recent developments. We have a standard set of courses outlined in different information security domains, data analytics domains and Talent management domain. However, we also customize the training according to the clients’ requirements.