The Absolute Beginners Guide to Statistics and Probability
What you'll learn
- You will understand the important terminologies and statistical methods in data science
- You will understand confusion matrix, discrete and continuous random variables
- You will learn the basics of descriptive statistics using a Metric example
- You will learn what percentile is with the help of examples
- You will get more clarity by solving several examples
- Probability tells us how often some event will happen after many repeated trials, we start off with an introduction to this interesting topic.
- How to tell the story through data
- You will learn how to collect data, how to visualize data, how to predict or explain different behaviors and events and how to find ideas for data research.
- Learn the fundamental concepts of descriptive statistics
- Students of mathematics and statistics will gain immensely since the course is taught right from the very basics
- Everyone can take this course, no experience is needed. We will go step-by-step from the very beginning
- Just some time and willingness to learn
You need to think like a scientist before you can become a scientist. Statistics trains your mind to frame problems as hypotheses and gives you techniques to test these hypotheses, just like a scientist.
Learning the tools is the first step to doing data science. You must first see the big picture to then examine the parts in detail.
We take a detailed look specifically at calculus and linear algebra as they are the subfields data science relies on.
Why learn it?
Probability, Calculus and linear algebra are essential for programming in data science. If you want to understand advanced machine learning algorithms, then you need these skills in your arsenal.
Regressions, clustering, and factor analysis are all disciplines that were invented before machine learning. However, now these statistical methods are all performed through machine learning to provide predictions with unparalleled accuracy. This section will look at these techniques in detail.
Main features of this course:
Provides you the complete package to be comfortable using statistics and analyzing data
Covers all stages of data analysis process
Very easy to understand
No complicated equations
Plain English instead of multiple statistical terms
Practical, with mobile shopping case study
Exercises and quizzes to help you master data analysis and statistics
Upon completion of this course, you'll be ready to apply what you've learned to excel in your statistics classes and make smarter business decisions
Who this course is for:
Professionals desiring to augment their statistical & mathematical skills
Anyone seeking to increase their data analytics capability
This course is very informative and taught by an excellent instructor. Really loved it. It is very easy to understand for absolute beginners like me. It could be a little problematic for native English speakers, because the instructor is not a native English speaker but otherwise it is worth it. I am looking forward to learn more from this particular instructor. Have a great day guys. ~ Jensen Jacob
Great ways of giving examples to help visualising each piece in the puzzle of statistics is going to place. ~ Ngoc Bao Tran Nguyen
amazing ~ Ahmed Mohamed Aboelyazied
Who this course is for:
- It’s for you, if you are interested in data analysis or statistics
- It’s for you, if you want to update or develop your skills and analyze data the right way
- It’s for you, if you want to be more efficient in your work
- It’s for you, if you want to make informed decisions based on data
We specialize in Cybersecurity, Data Science and Talent Management/Human capital management training. The USP of all our training's is the hands-on that we provide, our focus is on real-life practical knowledge sharing, and not tool-based PPT slides. All our training's are conducted by highly experienced practitioners who are dyed-in-the-wool penetration testers. The material is cutting edge and updated with even the most recent developments. We have a standard set of courses outlined in different information security domains, data analytics domains and Talent management domain. However, we also customize the training according to the clients’ requirements.