The 8 Dimensions of Wellness
What you'll learn
- Know and understand the 8 dimensions of wellness
- Understand the relationship between how our lives are in these dimensions and our overall satisfaction with our lives
- Create an assessment or map of your own current well being in each of the eight dimensions
- Have a deeper awareness of what affects your own well being in each dimension
- Be able to determine your goals and priorities for maintaining or improving areas of your life that are important to you
- Students should be prepared to set aside time to think about and do the worksheets included in the course.
- This is a general assessment class. Each Dimension is very complex and we could spend hours delving into various parts of them. I go into some detail in each Dimension -in ways you may not have thought about. In order to do a general assessment (and not overwhelm people), we will have to cover some areas at an introductory level.
- Some people will want to spend more time or go into more details in certain sections. This is fine. Your assessments can be as broad or as detailed as you would like.
- This course is best taken with an open mind and a healthy curiosity. You will be doing self assessments of your life. It will NOT be helpful to be overly critical towards yourself.
- We are working on creating follow up courses to DIVE DEEP into each of the domains. Your feedback will help us figure out how to create the best courses.
Are you interested in self improvement and self exploration?
The 8 Dimensions of Wellness is a course that will guide you in assessing different areas of your life. By assessing how things are for you in various parts of your life, you can learn new things about yourself and then use that knowledge in making the kind of life you want.
Being proactive about wellness makes it easier to live the kind of life you want to live. Assessing your wellness can help you decide what paths or goals make the most sense for you to pursue.
To get you thinking about your life, there are videos about important aspects of each of the 8 Dimensions, and a downloadable worksheet for doing your own assessment on each dimension.
This is for anyone curious about assessing and improving their personal sense of well being. It could be a really cool thing to do as a couple, too. Join others who are interested in living "the examined life".
The class is based on current motivational psychology research, and a well regarded Wellness Model.
Who this course is for:
- This is for people who are interested in personal growth
- This is for people who are looking for ways to create more meaning in their lives
- This is for people who are interested in finding out about and using positive psychology
- This is NOT for people who are looking for super quick or easy fixes to find meaning in their lives
- This is NOT a substitute for mental health counseling or treatment; and it is NOT a course to diagnose mental illness
- This is for people who want to get a clearer picture about how they are living their lives, so they can then maintain what's working well and improve what is important for them to improve
As a licensed professional counselor, and an expert in motivational psychology, CJ has helped hundreds of people improve their lives in one on one settings. CJ loves sharing her knowledge about wellness and motivation from a positive psychology perspective.
As a professional in the mental health field for 20 years, she's coordinated mental health programs, counseled people, and developed and taught courses related to mental health, both for agencies, and in private practice.
By focusing on life from a wellness perspective, she helps people become more proactive about their well-being and become more empowered to live lives they really love.
Her formal education is from UC Berkeley and San Francisco State University.