Conquer Anxiety & Depression With Yoga & Meditation
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 2.5 hours on-demand audio
- 97 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Reduce your symptoms of depression and increase your feelings of well-being in 8 weeks
- Release your depression naturally without the use of medication. (NB Please do not go off your medication, unless you are advised to do so by your medical practitioner)
- Feel positive, relaxed and in love with yourself and life
- Learn why your mind is making you feel depressed and how to change it to feel positive, relaxed and at peace
- Understand how your brain has become biologically wired to support your depression and how you can rewire it to support positive thoughts and feelings
- Harmonize your feelings and change your perspective about yourself and learn to love who you are
- Implement a diet and exercise plan that will help you to release stored & depressed energy and to release endorphins, the 'feel good' hormones
- Practice gentle yoga & meditation designed by a Yoga Therapist (with 15 years of experience)
- Identify your ‘common thinking errors’ and become empowered to change your life
- Learn 3 therapeutic breathing techniques that will calm and relax your mind, body and emotions after only 5 minutes of practice
- Work with a powerful tool that changes your negative feelings/emotions to positive ones
- Take your control back from the 'inner critic', the voice in your head that tells you that you are no good, worthless, not loveable, not attractive etc
- Release tension and stress in the body naturally without the use of drugs.
- You will need to commit to daily practice to get the most out of this course and to see positive results at the end of an 8 week period.
This course is designed to help you reduce anxiety & depression through the use of yoga and meditation. You will begin by learning the connection between the mind and the emotions, and how this link has a profound effect on your mental health. Through the learning of yoga and meditation techniques, you will understand how to change your emotional state through the rewiring of your brain.
Your course instructor Teagan Fea has a BA in Sociology and Anthropology from the University of Auckland. She is an international yoga teacher and a Radical Transformational Therapist who has successfully taught thousands of students worldwide, helping those suffering from depression and anxiety to feel good about themselves and live life with a smile on their face.
This course is perfect for anyone suffering from anxiety or depression and wants to tackle it with natural and holistic health remedies. It is a great course for anyone who has an interest in improving their mental health and wellbeing and wants to wake up every morning, feeling empowered and happier.
- 86 lectures with over 3 hours of video content, plus supporting handout materials
- Implement a diet and exercise plan to help you to release endorphins, the ‘feel good’ hormones.
- Learn powerful tools and practices that generate positive thinking & feeling pathways in the brain.
- Learn 3 therapeutic breathing techniques that will calm and relax your mind, body and emotions after only 5 minutes of practice.
- Suitable for anyone who suffers from anxiety, depression or emotional issues who wants to create powerful change in their lives.
- This course will benefit people who suffer from anxiety and/or depression. It does information of a spiritual nature so you will need to have an open mind to this kind of material.
- Because this course includes meditation practices, it is not recommended for people who suffer from psychotic episodes or delusions. If you suffer from more severe depression, please seek advise from your doctor or psychiatrist before commencing this program to see if it is appropriate for you.
In this introduction, you will learn about how this program is structured and how you can get the most out of it.
In this lecture you will learn about the mind from a Yoga perspective. You will learn how the mind is constructed and how it influences your experience of life.
In this lecture, you will learn about the common thinking errors from a Cognitive Behavioural Perspective, and how they influence your feelings and experiences. Once you know what your errors in thinking are, you will be more aware and will be able to change them.
This is the yoga practice for this week. It is going to help you to let go of all that you no longer need including negative thinking, feelings etc.
In this practice we focus on the sun as the bhavana or the intention. The sun is cleansing, purifying and uplifting. This practice will assist you to change the neurological wiring of the brain to bring your mind into a more positive state. It also prepares the mind to start focusing which is important for meditation.
Practice this class every day for at least a week. I recommend however that you practice this for 2-3 weeks before you move to the next practice later in the program. This is also the practice for the next Key.
This meditation supports this key. In this meditation, you will learn how to become aware of the mind from an objective point of view. It will teach your mind to focus and you will learn how to reflect and observe, which is an essential component for healing depression.
In this lecture, you will learn about Neurological Scientist, Candace Pert's work about the biological nature of emotions. This is fascinating work which will help you to understand why depression is so hard to shift, because our brains become neurological wired to support it! Im guessing you're going to have an Aha moment during this lecture :)
This meditation supports this Key. It has been designed to assist you to develop awareness about the link between your mind and your emotions. In this meditation, we continue developing awareness and focusing the mind.
Practice this every day until you move to the next meditation practice.
This week, we continue to practice the Sun Yoga Practice. By now, you should be noticing how things change every time you come to your yoga mat, including the state of your mind, you body and your emotions. Congratulations, you are learning to become the witness!
If you suffer from Depression, you will know the inner critic well. This is the voice inside your head that criticizes and berates you constantly. In this lecture, you will learn a powerful process to help you to reclaim your power back from this debilitating voice.
This is the yoga practice for this Key. After cleansing with the Sun, we now focus on the moon as the bhavana or the intention.
In this practice you will focus on the moon to assist you to connect with the mother aspect in your psyche. Often, if our inner child has not been nourished and supported, we have to learn to mother ourselves. This is the objective of this practice. This practice will nurture and support you.
Practice this every day until you move to the next Key.
In this lecture we will explore the Vasomotoric Cycle (a Somatic Psychotherapy model) to understand how emotional energy becomes stuck and depressed in the body. You will learn how to discharge this energy effectively so that it no longer feels stuck and heavy.
The breath is a powerful tool that can assist us to change the mind, body and emotions. In this lecture, you will learn about the physiological and psychological benefits of effective breathing and why the breath is a powerful tool in treating depression.
In this video, you will learn how to work with the exhalation to calm and relax the mind. Lengthening the exhalation will bring you back into the parasympathetic or the relaxation response, reducing stress and tension. It is a powerful tool that assists you to relax and let go.
Working with long tones (sound) naturally lengthens the exhalation, which is calming and relaxes and focuses the mind. In the video you will be guided through a process that teaches you how to use sound to lengthen the exhalation.
Sound is also excellent for opening up the throat and encouraging you to express yourself more fully.
This yoga practice uses Tratak, or candle gazing to help you to connect with and heal your heart. This practice will also help you to train your mind to come into the state of relaxed and focused awareness.
Practice this class every day before you move to the next Key.
As you know, it is extremely difficult to change your thinking to be more positive. As we have learn't, this is because our brains become conditioned towards negative thinking and emotions.
In this lecture you will learn a valuable tool called the Emotional Guidance Scale (EGS). The EGS will teach you how to change your emotions to be more positive, one step at a time, making the process of learning how to think positively more achievable.
In this meditation, you will practice appreciation. Even if it is difficult at first, practice will help you to come into the feeling of appreciation more fully. Practice this meditation forever! Just kidding, but in all honesty, this practice will assist you for your entire life!
Diet plays an important role in how we feel mentally. If you do not have a life sustaining diet, this can lead to depression. Making dietary changes and adding nutritional support to your diet, can change the way you feel.
In this lecture, you will learn about diet and its relationship to depression from a western and an Ayurvedic (Indian traditional medicine) perspective.
Exercise is an underused tool in treating depression. It is powerful because it helps us to complete the Vasomotoric Cycle, as discussed in Key 4: Releasing Emotional Pain.
In this lecture, you will learn about implementing an exercise program to assist with your journey towards healing depression.