Thai Massage on the Table
What you'll learn
- The benefits of simple passive stretching and compression will be explored
- The benefits of rocking and shaking upper and lower limbs will be explored
- Techniques designed to benefit the receiver without stress on the giver will be explored
- Techniques will be taught in 4 positions: supine, prone, side-lying and seated
- Massage table and basic knowledge of massage therapy would be helpful but not necessary to take this course
This Hands-on Video takes you step by step to a full-body stretch. Using traditional Thai massage techniques made simple to be used on a massage table or floor. You will learn to easily stretch someone in 4 positions. Prone, supine, seated, and sidylying. You will learn passive stretching, compression and thumb presses. Thai Massage is sometimes referred to as the "lazy man's yoga," Traditional Thai massage is normally performed on a floor mat with the client dressed in comfortable clothing. The therapist uses compression with her hands, feet, knees, and elbows. All muscles get passively stretched and moved through a full range of motion. With this video, you can use a massage table or the floor to achieve the same results. You will be given tips to help your body perform without stress on you and give the receiver the maximum benefits. The routine that is taught on this video works the entire body using a sequence of movements that are similar to yoga stretching. This routine, when performed properly, can feel like a 90 minute deep tissue massage. The receiver will leave the session feeling boosted energy levels, lowered stress, and overall well-being. If you are a licensed Massage Therapist you can also receive Florida Board of Massage CEU's and/or NCBTMB CEU's.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who would like to provide simple and safe techniques to help people feel a complete body stretch
- Massage Therapists
Hi, my name is Susan Farhat. I’ve been a massage therapist for over 20 years. I am the education director of Sarasota School of Massage Therapy and the owner of Kinetic Sports Massage and Therapy. My greatest passion is teaching people the benefits of bodywork, particularly stretching. I have taught a Florida board of Massage and NCTMB approved courses all over the state of Florida and beyond for over 10 years. I believe my techniques work with little effort on the behalf of the giver and huge results for the receiver.