Testing React apps with React Testing Library (RTL)
What you'll learn
- The principles of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Know what React Testing Library is and its differences with Enzyme
- Understand how Jest works with React Testing Library
- Query elements with getBy, queryBy, findBy, getAllBy, queryAllBy, findAllBy
- Simulate user interaction with the fireEvent and userEvent API
- Learn about coverage and debugging
- How to mock third party libraries like Axios
- How to use Typescript with a React app
- Be famliarized with React components
Welcome to testing React components with React Testing Library! In this course, you will learn lots of things. You will learn:
The principles of Test Driven Development
Know what is React Testing Library (RTL) and its differences with Enzyme (another popular test framework for React)
Understand how Create React App (CRA) works.
Understand how Jest works with RTL
How to test with RTL and query elements with:
getBy, queryBy, findBy, getAllBy, queryAllBy, findAllBy
How to simulate user interaction with the fireEvent API
How to simulate user interaction with the userEvent API
Testing components in isolation (unit tests)
Learn about coverage and debugging
How to mock 3rd party libraries like Axios and mock a GET request
Learn about the pitfalls of CRA
You will have all the fundamental tools to test any React component and have that coverage at 100%!
Have fun, and never stop learning!
Who this course is for:
- Web developers
- Full stack developers
- Developers interested in Test Driven Development
- Front-end developers
Hi! My name is David Armendáriz. I am ecuadorian.
I studied mathematics at USFQ (Universidad San Francisco de Quito). However, I love coding and that's why I transitioned to the software industry. I love to share my knowledge here in Udemy and in YouTube.
I hope you enjoy my courses as much as I enjoy doing them and remember: never stop learning!