Testing Angular 4 (previously Angular 2) Apps with Jasmine
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write clean and maintainable tests for your Angular apps
- Examine how much of your code is covered by tests
- Write tests for re-usable components
- Write tests for component templates
- Write tests for forms
- Write tests for confirmation boxes
- Write tests for the navigation
- Write tests for attribute directives
- Work with asynchronous operations
- Provide fake dependencies to components under test
- Use spies to track function calls or replace functions
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Angular (Angular 2+)
As your application grows in complexity, the cost of manual testing increases exponentially. Adding a new feature or fixing a bug may break several other places in the application, and covering all those edge cases with manual testing ends up being extremely painful and nearly impossible.
Automated testing is a practice that has been adopted by a lot of successful software development teams over the past decade. You simply write code to test your application, and then run those tests in an automated fashion.
Initially, your development time increases a bit because you need to write extra code to test your production code. However, that is the cost that you pay only once. Once you have those tests in place, you can run several thousands of them in just a few seconds over and over. Compare that with the time required to manually test every bit of your application!
With automated testing, you spend less time fixing bugs and doing manual repetitive tests every time you add a new feature or fix a bug. Instead, you can spend your time doing more fun things.
In this course, Mosh, author of several best selling courses on Udemy, takes you from the ground and gives you a solid foundation to write automated tests for your Angular apps. Whether you're an absolute beginner or have some familiarity with automated testing, this course will give you all the necessary skills to write automated tests for your Angular apps.
You'll learn about:
- Automated testing concepts and tools
- What to test and how
- Writing clean, maintainable and trustworthy tests that don't lie
- Tracking how much of your code is covered by tests
- Testing re-usable components
- Testing templates
- Testing forms
- Testing confirmation boxes
- Testing navigation
- Testing attribute directives
- Mocking dependencies
- Working with asynchronous operations
If you've taken any of Mosh's courses before, you know what you get. High quality video and audio, outstanding delivery with no mocking around.
30-DAY FULL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
This course comes with a 30-day full money-back guarantee. Take the course, watch every lecture and if you feel like you haven't gained the confidence to write automated tests for your Angular apps, ask for a full refund within 30 days. All your money back, no questions asked.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Mosh (Moshfegh) Hamedani is a software engineer with 15 years of professional experience. He is the author of several best-selling courses on Udemy and Pluralsight with over 74,000 students in 172 countries. His students describe him as a passionate, pragmatic and motivational instructor.
So, do you want to write automated tests for your Angular apps?
Enroll in the course now and you'll start writing your first test in 10 minutes!
- Developers and QA engineers who want to write automated tests for their Angular apps