Test Your Idea and Build an MVP quickly without coding
What you'll learn
- Rapidly test and validate a startup idea before spending money and resources to build a product
- Understand the fundamental principles of lean startup and how it can be applied in practise
- Proven methodology in quickly comparing ideas and picking out the one worth pursuing with
- Learn practical and efficient ways to find potential customers on the internet using free resources
- Proven methodology in running successful customer interviews and find out quickly whether they like your idea or not
- Learn how to build high converting landing pages using free tools
- Learn practical guerrilla marketing techniques to put your landing page in front of hundreds of potential customers for free
- Understand the fundamentals of A/B testing and learn about practical tools to run it effectively
- Be able to build your first MVP by yourself without any coding skills
- Computer/laptop/tablet/smart phone and internet access
- A minimum of half a day's time to invest into the course
Are you finally ready, and want to pursue the idea of your dreams, but have a lot of questions? How do I find out whether my idea is worth pursuing with? How do I find the tech co-founder or raise seed funding to build my first product? How do I do marketing and scale my business?
In this course, you will learn how to take any idea, validate it, and build an MVP without coding in 4 weeks. Become a better entrepreneur, a smarter startup founder, or a more profound product manager. Learn how experienced entrepreneurs come up with killer ideas and launch them with minimum time and money invested.
About the instructor
Serial entrepreneur with 16 years experience, who has built 5 businesses from scratch
Startup Coach at the University of New South Wales, Australia - coached over 100 startup founders
Teaches Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Sydney, Australia
Ex Australian State Government Senior Advisor, assessed over 500 startup grant applications, and helped over 200 startups successfully accessed government funding
Created and launched websites/apps for over 200 businesses in Australia and Hong Kong since the early 2000s
Who this course is for:
- You have a startup idea, done research, ran surveys, confident that it's a good idea, and want to find a tech co-founder or raise funding to build your first product
- Entrepreneurs who have an idea or are in the middle of building a startup/product
- Entrepreneurs wanting to build meaningful solutions to solve pressing real-life problems
- Project managers who want to learn more efficient ways of rolling out new products or internal features
- Anyone aspiring to be an entrepreneur
- Anyone trying to mitigate risks associated with starting a new venture
Discover how a startup coach can help you access capital, growth hack, build better user acquisition funnels and continually work on your entrepreneurship.
Born in Hong Kong and raised in Sydney, Australia.
Jonathan is highly active in the Australian startup ecosystem. He is a volunteer mentor for various startup incubator and accelerator in Australia, including the Founders Institute and Genesis at the University of Sydney.
Jonathan also teaches at the University of Sydney, under the Business School on Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Jonathan started his entrepreneur career in early 2000s, utilizing his graphic design skills to help SMEs produce printed design works. In 2003, Jonathan partnered with an IT expertise and started providing web design/development services to Australian SMEs, riding the wave of the internet boom. Working with international brands like McDonalds and Fujitsu, Jonathan and his team have gained a solid foundation of building websites, online marketing and growth hacking know-hows.
Predicting the decline in the web development market, Jonathan continue his entrepreneurial spirit by diving into the eCommerce market and his website, Le Domaine, has quickly been nominated finalists in the Australian ORIA awards.
Jonathan has also been involved with other businesses/startups throughout the last few years, and have built a coffee chain from scratch in Hong Kong, successfully pitched funding from the Hong Kong government and sold it for a profit within 12 months. In 2016, he is back in Australia, continuing his entrepreneurial journey by working with a Chinese investor, taking Dailongnet (袋龙网) into a new era of Worldwide Knowledge Distribution with voice-based Q&A.
Jonathan has been part of the startup team at Jobs for NSW, assessed over 500 MVP and Building Partnership government grant applications and has helped countless startup founders access government funding.