Test & Exam Strategies
What you'll learn
- improve your ability to score well on tests and exams
- be more relaxed and confident in your approach
- retain information and learn more from every course you take
- Students will need at least a basic understanding of English in order to understand the videos and quizzes.
* New Lesson added April 2019 - Master Multiple Choice Tests.
*Student Survival Guide booklet added May 2017
The Test & Exam Strategies course is for any student who needs to complete quizzes, tests, or exams for courses he/she is taking.
The lessons learned will help students approach tests and exams with more confidence and with the tools necessary to raise their marks.
This course provides tips on how to handle essay style questions and objective test questions (multiple choice, true/false) as well as advice on time management and special skills such as the SQ3R Reading Method that can make a difference all the way through a course of study.
Skills taught such as how to manage anxiety are useful well beyond the tests and exams.
The lessons are short and clearly explained so that they can be applied immediately and begin helping the student as soon as he/she desires.
Also, there are 5 quizzes that help solidify the information learned.
If you want to improve your ability at taking tests and exams and/or want to feel more confident and less stressed when faced with assessments of any kind, this is the course for you!
Who this course is for:
- This course will help all students who need to complete tests, quizzes, and exams.
- The lessons are especially useful for those who struggle with tests and exams.
- The skills taught are applicable well beyond the exams because they help students recall more of the information they studied throughout the course.
I have owned and operated L.T.L. Tutoring Central since 1996, providing private tutoring services to students of all ages and skill levels.
My online courses have received many compliments and positive testimonials as well.
I have presented video lessons for various organizations and groups and taught individual lessons to students from around the world - often setting up programs specific to their needs.
Also, I created and delivered an ESL/EFL program for scientists and technicians at the Guelph division of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
My primary focus is on English, math, and study skills- helping students learn how to learn.
I am an Honours Bachelor of Arts graduate with distinction from the University of Guelph in English/psychology - completing 62 courses, many in the field of education including philosophy of education and psychology of education.